Saturday, December 15, 2007

I Am Legend



Don't worry, this is not a spoiler. :-)
Z and I went to check it out last night and I must say that I really really liked this movie. Even though it was not quite what I expected, the film really did a great job of showing the value of life and love. It is not action packed even though you will jump out of your seats on more than one occassion. You will however be treated to a process of the human condition and really great acting by the artist formerly known as "The Fresh Prince". The film also uses flash backs and real time account to show Smith's character Rober Neville's daily survival and outreach. One thing I really enjoyed was the use of a bare New York City as the backdrop of the film. IMO, the city was somewhat of a character in itself and does a great job of helping to keep your attention. All in all, there are very startling and scary moments and although creative license has been applied, the spirit of the story remains. I give it two thumbs up!

9 comments:

Aly Cat 121 said...

Dayum I wish you woulda told what happened. I know that sh*t will be on dvd by the time I can go see it. I did go to the website to see the trailer in depth and was kinda mad cuz the movie reminded me of Omega Man with Charlton Heston. Then I figured it was the modern day take on the movie (I still want to see it though).

So what happened? *glued to seat* LOL

AR Gal said...

Hey Aly Cat! I've never seen Omega Man but from what I've read, it's kinda puts you in the mind of that film or Castaway with Tom Hanks but with a little more bang for your buck. lol

Fergie said...

I saw it this afternoon, and I was very pleasantly surprised. It was a good movie! Will Smith and chin-ups a great combination.

Anonymous said...

Fergie!

Will gave me what I came to see. Lots of him running and some nudity,lol Wish we could have seen him take a shower after that workout.

It was alot like Castaway. Will's range has definately grown.

I enjoyed it. Thought it ended stupid kinda like War of the Worlds - but it was good AND he broke some overall records and his own personal box office record!

AR Gal said...

Hey Fergie! Yes, Willy from Philly doing chin-ups SHIRTLESS was well worth the money. lol

Hey Pam! The ending was somewhat disappointing but in the end the film did it's job.

Freaky Deaky said...

I still haven't seen it yet but I plan to sometime this week if everything goes as planned.

I'm in the mood for some action though so I don't know if I want to sit through a slow, thoughtful movie. We'll see, I guess.

Ladynay said...

I'll prolly see this when it's on DVD.

I still can't get over the previous post! ROFL

coolingstar9 said...

life and love is part of our life, we all enjoy the process. Merry christmas and all good things come to you.

Ladynay said...

Happy Holidays and great New Years!

Giving you what I got....musically