After two delayed flights, I finally made it home Friday evening around 7:30-ish. I'm sure there is a method behind the madness of airlines and flight scheduling but for the life of me, I will never understand why I had to fly alllllllllllllllll the way down to Atlanta just to fly allllllllllllllll the way back up to Kentucky. D.e.l.t.a airlines is notorius for doing this. I cannot recall a time, even when I was younger, that we did not have to fly into the hub in the Atl, to make our connection to another fly to arrive at our destination. If I took the time to sit and thing about it, I'm sure I could come up with a logical explanation but at the end of the day is still rather retarded IMO.
*sigh*
I didn't so diddly squat Friday evening and barely left the house once yesterday. I was in bed until around 1 p.m., (1) because I was tired and (2) because my contact scratched my left eyeball (I have gas perm's, ie I'm blind as hell!) so anything that was light and bright affected that eye. It's hard to open and even if you are standing close to a ray of light, this shot of pain runs from the scratched part of your eye up through your head. It's kinda of like when you get your eyes dialated but you can see. This has happened a few times before so I did what I always do, squeezed eye wash directly in my eye (I did this a few more times through the day), patched it up, tied a bandana around my head to black everything out and caught some zzzzzz's. lol I'm happy to report that this morning, all is well. Z and I were considering going to the movies to see "The Strangers" last night but I wasn't feeling 100% and didn't think I would be able to enjoy the movie with my eye the way it was so we postponed going to see it until today......maybe. :-)
The carpet needs to be cleaned so we (ie he) will be working on that later this evening. I will do my part in doing some run throughs with the vacuum. I still need to unpack my suitcase but that usually never gets done until the following week. Maybe I will be inspired to do it earlier this time around. lol
Anyway, I'm audi 5000 for now. Hope your weekends are going well.



3 comments:
I had a flight like that the one time I didn't fly nonstop. It was weird because we flew past my ultimate destination to land in Atlanta and then took a flight back to where I wanted to go in the first place. Talk about a waste of jet fuel.
Glad you made it back home safe. Sorry to hear about the delay. Those suck!
Freaky, it's just really strange. In my head it would make sense to just have the people traveling from Atlanta to Louisville stop in LR to pick us up since it is on the way. What do I know though? lol
Glad your travels went safely. I too understand the pains of flying 1000 miles just to go 400 miles away.
You should have brought a pirates patch, that would have been FUN-NY!
Post a Comment