Sunday, June 28, 2009

Afternoon at the Movies: Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen


So, remember yesterday (well now it's the day before yesterday because I didn't finish this post last night when I was supposed to) when I blogged about being concerned about our arrival time to the theater? And how we left because we didn't want to risk getting sucky seats? Let's just say, if we would have known that the first 40-45 minutes were close to craptastic, we may have gone on in. lol It wasn't all bad but damn a lot of the mess was excessive and unnecessary. Even the parents, who were hilarious to me in the first one, went overboard. I think the characters and how they were portrayed were so well accepted in the first movie, the higher ups decided to amp it up. It was overkill. Truth be told, I almost took a cat nap but I held out and they finally started to bring the action. The action sequences got to be really busy at times but I did still enjoy watching.

Freaky, I agree that the twins were annoying as hell. I really didn't care for them at all or the fact that they (the "black" autobots) talked ghetto. They did that with the one Ving Rhames voiced in the first one too. I see how it is Hollywood....or how it's always been. *RME* I also wish they would have encorporated the motorcycle bots into the storyline more. I liked their potential but really didn't get a chance to experience much of it. I also liked the inclusion of the elderly Decepticon (he and that cane had me rollin) and Agent Simmons again. The character he played helped make the first Transformers IMO.

All and all, the 2nd round was not what I was expecting. It had some pluses and minuses. Would I recommend you go see it? I won't say no but I won't tell you to go rush out and see it either.

AR Gal rates this: B-

3 comments:

Freaky Deaky said...

I agree that some of film was unnecessary. They could've cut out all of the college stuff and with the exception of Alice the Pretender and Bumblebee's scene wouldn't have missed any of it.

One of the twins is voiced by the guy who voice SpongeBob SquarePants. The only thing that really annoyed me was when they stated they couldn't read. You're a robot from another planet and you can't? Right.

Seems like they kind of fell into the old Batman syndrome where if one villain was great then three will be even better. Of course when you start adding in so many people someone's character development gets screwed.

I liked it better than 1. Maybe 3 will cut back on some of the comedy.

AR Gal said...

If there is a 3rd installment,hopefully they can find the right balance.

Ladynay said...

Mixed views all around. I prolly won't see it but find the various opinions on it interesting.

Giving you what I got....musically