Friday, September 21, 2007

I'll be damn.....

....if I didn't save a post on my jumpdrive while I was at work and it's not here. I think it was a human error as I didn't direct it to save to my desired location so I figure my post is floating around on my hardrive @ work somewhere. I'll deal with that Monday cause honey it's Friday evening and I ain't hardly stuttin anybody's job right now!

Emma and I are chillin' out on the bed looking @ "Still Standing" on Lifetime. This show is so funny as is Reba. I love Barbara Jean and Van! They make the show to me. Reba McEntire is a good actress as well. Who knew her talents extended beyond singing. My favorite song of hers has always been "Fancy". I caught a bit of her on Oprah this week. That lady is 52 years old and looks damn good....I mean DAMN GOOD! Go head honey chile! Anyway. Isn't it something, shows you would never think of normally watching while they are on the air are some of the best ones when they are in syndication. Case in point, "My Wife and Kids". You couldn't have paid me to watch before but now that they show repeats I absolutely cannot get enough. Go figure!

So yesterday was "Black Thursday". I had my black on and made a point to check out the other two brown faces in my department. One had on brownish stuff and the other had on dark gray. At least one of them was close. Maybe the gray signified the union of blacks and whites in perfect harmony. What??!! That could be the case. During my observations, I also noticed that several of my white co-workers had on black as well. Makes me wonder if it was by choice or coincedence. I'll just have to wonder because I didn't ask.

I was watching the local news this morning as I got ready for work and heard a story (http://www.wbaltv.com/news/14143146/detail.html ) of a woman throwing her SIX MONTH OLD child at a policeman. WTF??? In case you ain't know, babies are not the new projectiles........get it togther people....Damn! And why was this heifer released from jail while facing 8 different charges of child abuse and drug charges. This world ain't right I tell ya.

With that, I'm out. I had much more typed up but it just is not happening this evening. I am about to go to the county fair to get me a corn dog and a turkey leg to make some greens with....YUMMY!!!

Have a good weekend!

THIS JUST IN:
So we are back from the fair. I told Z we are going to be in here just long enough for me to get my corn dog , some turkey legs for the greens I am going to cook up this weekend, and do a lap around the fairgrounds. I saw the usual mix of fair workers, country, and get-toe people. Here are the highlights.
  • This one guy that was working a game had the grungiest looking toenails I think I had ever seen in my life and had the nerve to have them on display in some flip flops. Ewwwww, someone pass him a toenail clipper and some Cornhuskers lotion please.
  • 5-0 was chasing after something or another not soon after I saw crusty the clown. Dude was kinda healthy and seemed to be having a hard time getting to his destination. I just made sure I moved out of his path as I did not want to be the headline for the paper, "Woman Gets Trampled During Police Chase", the next morning. I think they caught whoever it was as I heard some young girl talking on her cell saying they got Toot Toot or some damn body.
  • I also see that leggings are all the rage here, especially bright red ones with tight booty shorts and red braids. *smh* It didn't help that her friends were "complimenting" her new look by telling her that she was sexy. That made me refrain from telling her she really needed to take that ish out of her head. Hey, if you sessy your just sessy, no need for me to rain on her parade especially when your all of maybe 14. *eyeroll*
  • We went through the cattle portion of the animal display. The stench is enough to make you want to shower continously for 24 hours yet I am always drawn to it. I'm always amazed by the size of some of the cattle. Some of those beasts are humongous!!! I just stood and looked at this one until she/he gave me the side eye. I got the hell on just in case it wanted to get buck and kick me out of the stable.
  • One group of family/friends decided it was a good idea to bring their wagon with them to tote the babies in. I wonder if he'll do it next year. Seems like he was having a hard time maneuvering through the crowd while the little ones were being held in the arms of others.
  • Children are cute.
  • Children are not as cute while running around knocking into you.
  • Children are especially not cute while cussin.
  • Some kids get on my nerves.

So anyway, that was my take on the 2007 Faulkner County Fair. The food I got made it 30 minutes well spent. :-)

2 comments:

Trenting said...

Hey Momma!
[first] and you have been tagged :)

Sissy said...

Lawd, Boomqueesha n'em bringing sessy back in red tights at the County fair?! ROFL!! Why didn't you take pictures? It would have made my day!

Why come you ain't blogged about being a rockin?

Giving you what I got....musically