Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Labor Day Weekend Wrap-Up

Hey ya'll! First thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! My b-day and the weekend out of town were great!

The birthday evening was a nice evening eating out with a beautiful card and necklace I had my eye on for awhile. The weekend officially got started for me @ 3:48 Friday afternoon. I was supposed to leave @ 4:30 but got tired of pretending to work especially when I had absolutely nothing to do so I bounced. Hardly anyone else was there anyway most importantly my boss, lol. So after making sure the house was in order, we left Saturday @ 2:00. We get on the road and were making good time when BAM.......we see a gazillion brake lights. That can only mean one thing on a Saturday afternoon on I-40........CAR WRECK!!! Arrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!! So while we are waiting it out, we noticed other cars coming back past us. Picture us in the left lane and other cars backing up, turning around, and going past us on the grassy part. lol There was a section in between that we had just passed that you could cross over to the other side of the interstate, so we counted about 20 cars that chose to do just that. I tell Z we are not going to do that but once there was an opening, to get over in the right hand lane and to just ride the median out to the next exit. Sure enough, just as we merged traffic picks back up......for a hot second and then to a stop. We finally get to the exit to take a back road up to the next town. By the time we get back up to the interstate, traffic was smooth sailing so I guess the wreck was just a little bit further than where we were. Oh well, who cares....as long as we were moving I could have cared less. I despise being stuck in traffic that does not move.

Moving on, we made it Memphis and got settled in the hotel room. I wasn't about to ask mom's if we could crash there.....she's old school when it comes to folks not being married and staying at the house. lol Plus it was just more comfortable for us since we had the dogs and would be coming and going at all hours of the night. So we leave to grab a bite to eat come back and Cochise is barking at the top of his freakin lungs! OMG! I was so shame. I hauled ass upstairs to get in the room so he would shut up! lol. I told Z that we had to get him a muzzle cause I would be pissed if I had paid for a room and then be forced to sit and listen to a dog whine and bark all night. Of course he didn't take to well to it at first....it was actually kinda funny to sit and watch him trying to get it off. He gave up after about 30 minutes.

So we get the "kids" fed and walked and we head out to Southland (a dog track where they race greyhounds) which is in West Memphis (right before you get to Memphis). I have passed this place so many times and had never been and neither had Z so we rolled out. Ya'll that was some of the most boring shit I have ever experienced in my life! The races occur like every 12-13 minutes and in between that time they have the stats of how everyone is betting up on tv screens, then they show the dogs, then they race for one lap then it's done and you go back to waiting. Seriously....I was ready to go after the 2nd race. Luckily we got there late and only had to endure 3 races since it was almost over. :-D Z did win 19 bucks though, lol. One guy won like $800+ and let everybody know. I told Z, dude needs to shut up cause you know somebody is gonna try and jump him when they get in the parking lot. ha ha So we left there and went to the casino out in Tunica. I always remember why I only go every so often........I just can't get with giving over tons of hard earned money to get nothing in return. I'm not a big risk taker so gambling is definitely not my thing. I was ready to go after an hour and a half. This one lady I talked to said she had been there since 1 in the afternoon......we didn't get out there until like 12 something....*blank stare* It's her thing though so whatever........... After that we hit up Beale street. Beale is Beale lots of walking, stopping into bars to have a drink, listening to music, and laughing at the folks gettin wasted and acting a fool. We actually had the most fun down there.

We got back to the room @ about 4 that morning and slept good and hard.....so hard we didn't wake up until 12 that afternoon. ha ha! Of course I wake up starvin and want some crab legs so we head up the interstate a couple of exits to Joe's Crab Shack. It was yummy! I heard that they are going to open up one in North Little Rock......I sure hope so. Then we hit up the mall and I spot a few things and we book it back to the room to chill out before the concert.

I won't even go into the details of the Memphis ghetto fabulousness that I witnessed but I will say that if I ever needed a reason to know that lime green and cream (with cream gators to match thank you very much!) look really sucky together, this one DUDE'S outfit was all I needed to see to confirm it. Even Z made comment about how wrong dude was for that and he hardly ever talks about folks. lol Now the promos for the concert had Musiq and "friends". I had been trying to find out exactly who "and friends" consisted of since we got the tickets. I knew that Marvin/Marcus Dixon (some guy that did/does comedy on ComicView) was going to be the host/comedian, whoever he was he did a really good job. He was hilarious! The only thing I didn't want was a local act performing, sure enough that's who the other "friends" were. Some group called "Soul Singers". *eye roll* They weren't that bad once they started singing slower songs but the sound engineering department had the sound so f-d up all you could hear was the band and not them for the first two. *sigh* Anyway, so they move on and the comedian dude does his thing, then Musiq comes out in some khaki short set with gold sequins on the side of the shorts and on the side seams of the shirt, with some paint/"art" on the back of the shirt with a hot pank (yes pank) tie, and some timb's with no shoelaces. That negro looked crazy as hell but he put on a good show and I was happy. So we left to grab a bite it eat and hung out on Beale a little more and took it back to the room.

Sunday, sorry Monday, was just a lot of loungin, hanging out with the fam, and bringing it back to the house. All in all, it was a good weekend, no complaints here. Okay now, I'm gone to check out your blogs since I can't do it during the day :-(. Corporate americano has that ish on lock so my blog addiction has to wait until the evenings.....oh well.

8 comments:

Aly Cat 121 said...

aww dayum, Shug it was ya birthday? *singin* "it's ya birthday, it's ya birthday, we gon party like it's ya birthday" LOL. I'm all late. I LOVE birthdays. Sh*t I love any reason to celebrate.

Looks like you all had a good time outta town. And glad you got the necklace you'd been eying. And just to let you know . . .why I can't get the picture of a dayum dude wearin lime green with cream and alligator shoes outta my head? PLUS some gold teeth to match. LOL.

AR Gal said...

Hey AlyCat! Giiiiirrrrrllllll, I'm so sorry but try as I might, I can't stop thinking about that dude's outfit. He was a true definition of a H.A.M!

Freaky Deaky said...

You know you wanted to ask dude where he shopped at and who put his outfit together. LOL

Happy Belated birthday!

AR Gal said...

Hey FreakyD! Thankfully I was at a safe distance away from ole boy so he didn't see me crackin up laughin at his outfit.

Ms.Honey said...

Glad you had a wonderful BDAY!

Sissy said...

Happy to hear you had a wonderful birthday. Ummm...what color exactly is "Pank"?! Is it beyond pink, on the way to fuschia? ROFL!

AR Gal said...

Thanks Honey!

Sissy, pank is any color range of pink I just use it cause I like the way it looks typed out. lol His tie was more in the hot pink family though.

Tasha said...

Happy Extra Belated B-Day. Glad you had a great weekend!

Giving you what I got....musically