Tuesday, October 09, 2007

YAY....

......it's Tuesday, which means it's almost Hump Day, which means it's almost the weekend! Well, not quite but hey, we're closer than we were yesterday.

So this weekend was pretty much a blah....no AH HA moments for me. I was not motivated to do a got.durn.thing. Saturday, I pretty much stayed in bed for most of the day and watched tv and surfed the web for a few hours. Z and I did try this pretty new restaurant in town called New York Deli. I called in the order and the chick said 30 minutes. I thought, okay sounds a little much just to make some sandwiches but whatever.....maybe their busy. So we go and pick up the grub, get home and get ready to eat when I notice that my ish is cold. *sigh* I would normally pick up the phone and go off but like I said I was feeling blah and not in the mood to read anyone the riot act (even though I was pissed) so I just popped the food in the microwave for a few seconds and all was well.

I did watch a show, actually a mini-series , that caught my eye this weekend. It's called "5 Days" (http://www.hbo.com/films/fivedays/?ntrack_para1=feat_main_image) and it is very, VERY GOOD! It had my attention the entire time. I won't ruin it for you so just click the link to check it out but just to give a general idea of the premise of the series, here's the description from the HBO website:

A mother vanishes into thin air. Her children, abandoned in her car, also end up missing. As police search for clues over three gut-wrenching months, the woman's husband and family learn that nobody's quite what they seem. In the end, five days prove critical in solving the case.

The episode I viewed was the first one, the second one in this series comes on tonight 8/7 cst. If you're able, watch it....if not record it. You won't be sorry.

In other news, I made lasagna for the first time Sunday. It wasn't bad and it wasn't great but at least it was edible! lol I need to work on the recipe for the sauce....it had a bit of a bite to it. So if you guys have any sure fire lasagna recipes you wanna share....get with me in the comments.

That's all I have for now. Today is a beautiful day, sunny skies and cooler temps, and I am going to enjoy it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought about trying lasagna but it looks like to much work for me. I like making things with few ingredients. So I'll stick with Stoffer's lasagna which is pretty good.

CreoleInDC said...

Hmmmmmmmm...imma hafta post my lasagna recipe for you as soon as I feel like typing it up. It's good. :)

Anonymous said...

I like how you figured out what day of the week it is...and you're right, we are closer than yesterday. :-)

I'm not a good one to ask about lasagne. The first time I made it, it smelled good, but umm...it wasn't edible, lmao. I forgot to drain the meat so it was all watery. I'm cracking up remembering D's face. [giggle]

Freaky Deaky said...

Paying for cold food that should be hot is a bummer. The least they could've done is put it under something or make it later so it would be warm.

The show sounds interesting. Makes me wish I had HBO at the moment. Maybe I'll look for it online later.

AR Gal said...

Hey Southern! It actually wasn't that bad making it. The worst part, to me anyway, was chopping up the veggies to put in there. Other than that it was just a lot of waiting. lol

Hey Creole! Please do! I'll be waiting patiently

Hey BM! What can I say, it's a hidden talent. lol What happened to you is what I was hoping wouldn't happen to me because the house smelled really good. Luckily we could eat mine, lol

Hey FreakyD! I'm still trying to figure out why she told me 30 minutes cause they weren't hardly busy. I've thought about calling them back since then but I'll do one better and just won't patronize their little establishment any longer.

Giving you what I got....musically