
Quite honestly, I can't tell you. I had intentions of blogging from my last post but each day when I got home after walking the dogs and unwinding I just didn't feel like it. Now that I think about it, I've barely even commented on my fav blogs. What can I say, I'm experiencing a drought. lol
Since my last visit, we have experienced strange weather (as most you probably have as well) in central AR with high and very low temps. This past Tuesday we had a wind storm that rocked everyone's world, yours truly included. The temperature went from a wonderful 73 degrees (per the thermometer in the car) to a staggering 42 degrees in a matter of a few short hours. Forty-two is not cold you say? HA!! I beg to differ when the hawk (and several of his friends might I add) are flapping their wings in your face at 30 mph. Needless to say, there was NO walking that day for me the pups. Like I told my neighbors, if my car was bobbin and weavin on the road like Muhammed Ali there was no way in the world I was to about to subject myself and the pooches to that and be tossed around like laundry in the dryer.
As I expected when I arrived home, everyone's garbage cans had been tossed to and fro. What I didn't expect was to find the some of the shingles from the roof on the freakin ground!! Seriously? UGH! So I gathered them up, stuck them in the garage, and called the folks to come on out to fix it. Little did I know that we weren't the only ones affected. Seems there's quite a long list of people who had the same problemo. In riding around town since the storm came through, I got to see some of the damage to other homes with my own eyes and believe me when I tell you ours was by far really minor. Anywho, we'll be waiting until they can get to us with a semi defunct looking roof.
I called to check on family and friends and was told some sad news. One of my BFF's cousin-in-law (is there such a thing??) was killed Tuesday afternoon when a tree in the cousins yard fell onto their home and killed the wife. My friend is devasted by this news and honestly it's affecting me to. I did not know the young lady but just hearing the way that she passed........so tragic. She leaves behind two young children, ages 10 and 7 I believe (don't quote me on that). Unfortunately, hers was not the only life taken as another young ladies life was cut short when a tree fell over, due to the high winds, on her car. Read about it here http://www.katv.com/news/stories/0108/492193.html
Count your blessings folks.
Since my last visit, we have experienced strange weather (as most you probably have as well) in central AR with high and very low temps. This past Tuesday we had a wind storm that rocked everyone's world, yours truly included. The temperature went from a wonderful 73 degrees (per the thermometer in the car) to a staggering 42 degrees in a matter of a few short hours. Forty-two is not cold you say? HA!! I beg to differ when the hawk (and several of his friends might I add) are flapping their wings in your face at 30 mph. Needless to say, there was NO walking that day for me the pups. Like I told my neighbors, if my car was bobbin and weavin on the road like Muhammed Ali there was no way in the world I was to about to subject myself and the pooches to that and be tossed around like laundry in the dryer.
As I expected when I arrived home, everyone's garbage cans had been tossed to and fro. What I didn't expect was to find the some of the shingles from the roof on the freakin ground!! Seriously? UGH! So I gathered them up, stuck them in the garage, and called the folks to come on out to fix it. Little did I know that we weren't the only ones affected. Seems there's quite a long list of people who had the same problemo. In riding around town since the storm came through, I got to see some of the damage to other homes with my own eyes and believe me when I tell you ours was by far really minor. Anywho, we'll be waiting until they can get to us with a semi defunct looking roof.
I called to check on family and friends and was told some sad news. One of my BFF's cousin-in-law (is there such a thing??) was killed Tuesday afternoon when a tree in the cousins yard fell onto their home and killed the wife. My friend is devasted by this news and honestly it's affecting me to. I did not know the young lady but just hearing the way that she passed........so tragic. She leaves behind two young children, ages 10 and 7 I believe (don't quote me on that). Unfortunately, hers was not the only life taken as another young ladies life was cut short when a tree fell over, due to the high winds, on her car. Read about it here http://www.katv.com/news/stories/0108/492193.html
Count your blessings folks.



3 comments:
We had high winds too a couple of days ago. Gusts were about 50+ m.p.h. The wind was howling like someone ran over it's big toe. Not pretty.
The pups might like flying and wind/resistance training is great exercise. No? I don't blame you.
Hey AR GAL I haven't been by in a while and I see your blog is starting to look like mine "LAME"! LOL
I'm sorry to hear about your friend's loss, that's so tragic.
Hey Freaky! I dunno if the pups would like the flying. I know Emma (my rat terrier) most definitely wouldn't. She hates it when I toss her in the air.lol
Hey Sissy! You are so right! lol I'm trying not to be lame but it seems I am falling back into the trap of my freakishly lazy ways.
Post a Comment