Monday, March 24, 2008

Blah Blah Blah

My Easter weekend was spent on the road for the most part. I had not planned to go anywhere further than the couch or the bed seeing as we are going to Memphis for the JS concert (FINALLY!!) this weekend but I got a call from my BFF that she was coming in from Nashville to our hometown with her baby so "Auntie" ARGal agreed to drive up and see the little tyke. It was my first time seeing him (other than pics) as both of our schedules have been so hectic. Well, okay I admit I could have gone around the holidays but hell I just didn't feel like it....sue me. Anyway, I'm there visiting and even stopped by the house I grew up in...UGH. Nevermind, that's a different story for a totally different day. *sigh* Anyway, so where was I? Oh yeah, so after playing with the baby and visiting with folks here and there, the BFF and I realize that we are starvin like Marvin and call in an order to the ONLY obvious place....Ed's Country Catfish! lol Laugh at the name all you want but honeeeeeeeeeeeey that catfish (especially the filets) are so good! BFF tells me that she also wants a Nehi Peach pop. I ctfu because I haven't had one in years. Then I think and it actually didn't sound half bad soooo why not?! lol I figured I may as well have one last hoorah seeing as I was going to start bringing Billy Blanks and his sweat induced antics back into my life at the beginning of the week.

Sidenote: **I'm happy to report that I went a full 30 minutes with Tae-Bo yesterday before I quit that b*tch. I'll try it again today. It’s been a long time since Billy and I got hot and heavy together so cut me some slack. I walked the dogs too! That counts for something right? lol**

Before I picked up the order, I stopped by one of the local gas stations to pick up the sodas. As I’m walking towards the entrance, this kid runs past me and opens the door. Walking in behind him, I notice that he has a design cut in the back of his head. The closer I look, I realize its words and then figure it must be his name. Someone had cut La'Quin-something or another in the back of this kids head. Jeezus take the clippers STAT! I just shook my head and laughed. If it weren't for the fact that he had no hair on his face, I'm pretty sure the design could have gone around the circumference of his head. His name was that long. I’m amazed at how they were able to squeeze it in. Seeing that pretty much confirmed that I am very happy I don’t live there anymore. I mean don’t get me wrong, I’ll always have loyalty to the place. I grew up there but you couldn’t pay me to live there right now….even if I got a “good” job @ the steel mill. Lol

After hanging out for most of the day, I went ahead and booked it to M-town to see mama. She had told me previously that mass started @ 7:30 that night so if I wanted to tag along I needed to be there and ready to go by 7:00. Well, AR Gal isn’t one that lives on a strict time table so I opted out. Once I arrived at around 9 or so, she still hadn’t made it in yet. The priest is a little long winded (but he is great to listen to) and mass there tends to go longer than the norm. The average time for most masses is about an hour and your done. Lol So 10:00 rolls around and I’m in WTF mode…10:30, still no mama. I give her a call on her cell, no answer. Hmmm. I put my street clothes back on, grab my purse, and hop in the car to go look for her. I ride by the church first and do you know that those folks were still up there??!! Mama finally rolled in a little after 11:00. She told me that it took so long because it was a special service (an Easter Vigil) that included people converting to Catholic faith. I don’t remember this as a kid as we never went. We always went Easter Sunday and they just introduced the new folks. Lol I passed out not much longer after she got home. We did brunch the next day and then I rolled out. I had a good time though. It all went by so fast it kinda doesn’t seem like it happened at all. I have a feeling that this weekend will go the same way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Nehi Peach pop. LOL I haven't had one in years. Seems like I have to go back to my hometown find them.

I will NEVER move back to my hometown. I will always rep it but I can't go back. There is nothing there anymore. It's sad.

Anonymous said...

Don't be hating on the steel mill. LOL

Now I want to know what the boys full monstrosity name is. :o( Thanks a lot.

Giving you what I got....musically