Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Have You Ever Seen Such a Thing??!!



Look at my baby! Look closer....a little bit closer (@ her ass!) lol

**Please note: EmmaBuns (one of her many nicknames) was half asleep when I took this, lol**

She's wearing a diaper! I kid you not. My Emma has gone into heat and in the process her own personal Aunt Flow has paid her a visit. *sigh* I thought I had at least another month before this happened. Oh well.

I first noticed this Friday but goodness only knows how long she has actually been in this stage. I don't think it was more than a couple of days before that but just not knowing has freaked me out. After tiring of getting her in and out of (and washing and re-washing) her rigged up rag draws I made, Z suggested that we get some diapers from Pet.Smart. WHAT??!! lol lol lol I had no idea that these even existed but they do!! So for $12, we now have peace of mind in knowing that she is not makin it rain all over the house.

In the meantime, I just need to call the vet to make an appointment to get her fixed (which I keep forgetting to do). I guess now would be a good time huh? :-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a pet person and don't know a thing about dogs. So I was a little taken aback when you mentioned your dog is on her period. I had no idea!

Poor doggy. She looks miserable too.

**glad I got rid of Lady (our puppy)**

Still Patrice said...

lawd, i've never seen such a thing lol poor dog

AR Gal said...

Awww Lady! I had forgotten all about her SouthernGal! She's a cutie! I hope she's doing well in her new home.

@Pajnstl...chiiiiiiile, *smdh* Don't let this picture fool you. She don't know the damn difference. She is still as hyper as ever. lol

Anonymous said...

LOL at the diaper. I've always tried to get my dogs fixed before that ever became an issue. (Bad enough dealing with your own, but your dogs too??? lol) You may have to wait for her to finish her, umm....cycle, lol. I don't think they'll be able to spay her until she's done.

My friend has a min pin and they made her wait...that poor dog was in heat for over a month, drove them crazy, but not enough to get her spayed quick, she was in heat at least 3 times before they finally did it...

Ladynay said...

Awwwww poor Emma, she looks like we be looking when it's our time. Her eyes say "leave me alone, just go away" Awwwwww

Tasha said...

Poor baby! I really had no idea there were doggie diapers, that's a new one for me. She really does look like how we look at 'that time'. Awww.

Anonymous said...

Poor thing. I believe they also make maxi pads for dogs, if I remember correctly. One of my dogs had some leather diapers/shorts that you could put some padding in when she was in heat. Of course all of my dogs tend to have attitudes and be on the destructive side so it didn't last long.

I always hated when my dogs went into heat. They're bleeding all over the place and want to lay up under me all needy and clingy. I've always given my dogs the run of the house and they are miserable when they can't get on the couch or jump on my bed. Eww!

She looks so miserable.

Aly Cat 121 said...

Doggie diapers? Learn something new everyday. Sh*t I didn't even know dogs HAD periods. I guess that's why I don't have a dog (plus after watching The Dog Whisperer I realize I shouldn't)

Anonymous said...

I did know that dogs cycle. However, did not know about he diapers until I was in PetCo last weekend looking for pee-pads. I was like WTH? LOL

Giving you what I got....musically