Let's see......what's been going on since I last touched down. The new gig is going as well as expected so far even though the morning started out a bit akward. This lady that sits, well sat, on the same row as me got escorted out of the building. I saw her, as I did every morning, when she came in and the next thing I knew I saw her being escorted down the aisle by HR saying "Bye ya'll". Now at first thought, I didn't think much about the HR lady being with her as I just thought she was leaving for the day. Plus a lot of people in different groups are pretty tight as well. Then I saw the HR lady helping her clean out her desk and let's just say I caught on real quick. So I'm looking at another chicka on the row with me and she's looking at me just as clueless. I just turned the hell around and kept on "working". Call me cruel but I mean really whaddaya say??!! So the HR lady has another chick come up to help carry the ladies stuff down to her car. We eventually catch a minute with the now ex co-worker. Neither of us pried, cause honestly it wasn't our business, but we just wished her well. She says that she knew this was coming and it's the best she's felt all week. Well hell, if she likes it, I love it. lol
Now my guess is that it had something to do with medical leave, or using extra days she didn't have, or something of that nature. From what I'd been told when I first arrived, she had taken a lot of time off from work due to problems she has been having with her back and had just returned shortly before I started working there. Every morning her husband would bring her to work, and wheel her upstairs. Now she wasn't paralyzed, even though I thought she was when I first met her.
Sidebar: My first day while in orientation, I saw ex co-worker wheeling past the room we were in just a smiling and waving. I figured then that she was someone I would be working with and came down to be nosy. lol Well imagine my shock later that day to see her standing straight up. I was like, damn she healed up quick. lol lol lol She saw the look of surprise on my face, laughed, and told me that the wheelchair was just temporary but she could walk with the help of her crutches. I'm SO glad she cleared that up 'cause I was beyond confused. :-)
I could tell that she was putting on a semi-brave front as she left, especially since she kept talking saying random shit (read akward as hell) as she hobbled her way towards the elevators. As relieved as she may be, her feelings seemed to have been hurt behind whatever went down. Anyway, like I said I wish her well.
In other news, no real work to do as of yet just a lot of reading and a few training meetings on db's and other applications that I'll be working with. I was supposed to have another training this afternoon but the guy rescheduled (for the 2nd time) again today. No sweat off my back as it made for a relaxing Friday afternoon at work. My boss left out this morning to go to Nairobi for the next week or so. Don't worry, I won't be a bad girl (well too bad) while she's out as I know there will be eyes watching me in her absence.
Anyway, enough about work. While coming back from lunch today, I saw the most random thing. Remember the episode on "Girlfriends" when Lynn was working as a mime in the park trying to make some money? You know when she spray painted herself all silver and had the little tin cup in her hand to put the money in to get her to perform. Tell me why I saw someone doing that downtown today. lol lol lol At first I thought he was a mannequin until I saw his money pail (along with his boom box from 1987 blasting Michael Jackson) down beside him on the sidewalk. I can't even lie......I cracked the fuck up laughing. I've heard that this is something of a normal occurance in other cities but I had never seen this in person. I am going to try to make it back down there next week sometime, with some coin change...okay maybe a dollar bill HA, to have him shake his shimmy for me. Lucky for you guys I just happened to have the digi cam with me as I've been making more of an effort to keep it on hand for occassions just like this. Now the pic is not the clearest as I was in my car but you get the picture (no pun intended).
Enjoy and have a good weekend!!



2 comments:
Well assuming it's not because of the camera that dude looks kind of scary. Not creepy like virgins or midgets or like some people see clowns but scary like "Breaky yo'self fool this is a stick up!"
Lynn in silver paint sounds kind of hot. Hopefully, I'll catch that episode one day.
Just a random note. What the hell is up with blogger and their captchas today? I can't read them to save my life. I have to refresh at least three times before I get one I can halfway decode correctly.
That's got to be embarrassing getting the boot all out in the open like that! Shoot call me at the crib and tell me the deal!
So how did ole boy shake?
Post a Comment