Friday, May 09, 2008

Nothing in particular................

............to blog about so I will post about random observations and occurrences that have taken place over the past week or so.

Apparently I have a rather graceful lady-like walk when I walk in high heels. A few people at the new j-o-b have made mention of how I look like a glide when I walk past them. One lady even asked me to teach her how to walk "like that". I inquired what "like that" was and she preceded to mimick my walk while shaking her hips. lol She said that I and I quote "you really don’t shake them that hard but you just have a natural sway to your hips that would make a man come runnin". I got tickled, said thanks, got my water, and went on about my business.

Ladies, when you buy shoes from T.J. M.a.x.x please remember to remove the lovely price sticker from the bottom. I've seen more than a few offenders in the past 30 days that I felt I had to make mention.

The mime guy was not downtown last Friday due to the storms that we had in the area I'm sure but I did catch a glimpse of him in motion the other day. As usual I was in the car in passing but I turned down the radio to listen to what he was playing ("Poppin My Colla') and he was gettin it. Now exactly what he was gettin is a different story as I have no clue what type of dancing he was doing. I was expecting something similar to the robot but it didn’t quite come out like that. lol

I went to listen Nobel Peace Prize winner Wangari Maathai (http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/2004/) last Thursday at the Clinton Library. Google her. This is one smart and accomplished lady who is doing great things to better to the environment. Check out what she's doing with "The Green Belt Movement" (http://www.wangarimaathai.com/) .

There is a stackable cart in the ladies room at the new gig full of make-up bags. When I first saw it, I thought it was odd but figured it had to contain more than make-up since most women I know carry that with them. I finally discovered that the bags contained toothbrushes/toothpaste when I came in and saw someone brushing their teeth one day. There are A LOT of folks (well women anyway) that brush their teeth mid-day up here.

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before but my new boss is quite perky and upbeat. This has been somewhat of an adjustment for me as I’m quite the opposite. No, I’m not depressing but I’m just more subdued and laid back. Something that I’ve noticed about her is when she feels a bit full of herself she sticks her chest out kinda like a bald eagle or something. It caught me off guard the first time but now I just look and giggle on the inside.

If you slow down during your commute into work (ie going 60-65 instead of driving like a bat out of hell), it really will help to save on the amount of gas you use. Trust me I know! I am a reformed bat out of hell driver. Lol

Z is in the process of getting our supplies in order should natural disaster strike in our area. I’m talking backpacks to have our supplies in, a tent, water (and not just bottled water but some kind in pouches *shrugs shoulders*) and a whole lotta other stuff. With all the storms that have been passing over us lately how could we not but sometimes I wonder is he doing too much. lol One thing I am sure of is that it pays to have a former Marine in the house with you. Now all I need to do is take pic’s of our property and make sure our necessary paperwork is in order for us to take with us should we need to. *knocks on wood*

Mother’s Day is this weekend and I’m debating on whether or not I want to make a drive to Memphis. I know, I know it’s my mom but gas is high and I don’t ever feel like I have a real weekend when I’m on the road part of the time like that. *sigh* I know, I know, stop being selfish and go see my mama. J

I sent off all my Mother’s Day cards earlier this week but completely forgot my sister’s birthday is tomorrow. If….okay when, I go to Memphis tomorrow, I can give it to her then. Lol

Speaking of my sister, she finally broke down and got my niece (she’s 14) a cell phone. To say I was shocked is an understatement because she swore up and down that she would not get her one until she got ready to go to college. Lol lol lol Times are different though so I suppose it’s somewhat of a necessity than a luxury for kids to have that now. Anyway, it’s some sort of special service/account that A.T.&.T offers for parents with kids that allows them to control what #’s she can send/receive calls to/from. I called her # back after she left me a message and got truly tickled listening to her voicemail message. I think they are in Chicago now for some band trip. I should call to see how it’s going.

Why is the Steve Havey morning show broadcasting from a W.a.l-.Ma.r.t Super.Cen.ter in GA today? lol I like listening to him in the morning on my way into work but once I get to work I usually tune into my fav, WDIA in Memphis (http://www.am1070wdia.com/), online. The Bobby O'Jay show airs from 6-10 a.m. I believe. It's mainly talk radio but he plays music in between here and there. Sometimes O'Jay's views are rather distorted, IMO but I really love listening to the callers because they crack me up. It's usually a lot of older people that call in. Listen to it sometime they will have you rollin.

My friend is going through it trying to get her first born son potty trained. He’s two and is as she states stubborn as hell. Other people that I know (or blogs that I’ve read that have small kids) have also said that it’s hard getting these kids potty trained nowadays. While on the phone with her yesterday, I started to wonder how was it that our parents were able to get our generation potty trained so quickly. My mom swears up and down she had us goin on the pot before we were two. What was it?? How did they do that?? Have our parents been lying to us all this time?? Who knows.

Oh well, that’s it. My mind is now blank. Have a good weekend.

4 comments:

TheBlogArtistFormerlyKnownAsYBandDL said...

College?...Who is she kidding. If she didn't buy it now then your niece would have bought one on her own, if she got a part time job. Parents say all kinds of things, will they always stick to it, most of the time Nope.

I was thinking the same thing about the Steve Harvey Show this morning. I didn't get it either. I kept thinking to the Super Walmart near me, andI couldn't picture where they would have room...even in a Super Walmart.

Anonymous said...

Is that where Steve 'nem were at? Where they inside the Supercenter? And they had an audience too.

I'm glad my son is finally potty trained.

AR Gal said...

Hey YB&DL. I said the same thing and always knew she would give in. It was only a matter of time. I kept thinking the same thing about the SHMS. At first I was like they just have to be outside but it just didn't sound like there were. All the while I kept trying to imagine where in the hell all those people fit 'cause you know it was crowded in there! lol

Hey Southern! I really think they were inside and yes it sounded like a gang of folks were there. lol

Anonymous said...

There's never anything wrong with being prepared. It also might be a good idea to get copies of all of your papers and such and maybe keep them at your mom's place or somewhere off premises.

Times are different. I think the quality of parenting and general child rearing knowledge has drastically gone down. I've seen five year olds in pull-ups occasionally because their parents were too lazy, insensitive, or whatever to stop and allow the kids to use the bathroom properly.

That mime is creepy. Tell him to stop. LOL

Giving you what I got....musically