Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Short and Sweet

Today is the day!!! I'm sure many of you have (or haven't) been waiting with baited breath for Jill's cd to be released. All I can say is if you're not a fan, you have no idea of what you are missing. This woman and her voice, maaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn! She is BY FAR my favorite singer ever, HANDS DOWN!!!! Her music, her words they do something to me on the inside part (thanks Beloved, lol). She just has a way of making me feel things I don't feel with a lot of artists out there. It's always good to see someone who is genually serious about their craft. Not to say that any other musician out there isn't (well there are some that I really give a mean side-eye to). I appreciate the fact that she takes her time (even though the wait can sometimes be excrutiating) to make sure she is delivering her very best work. All of the songs are great, but my favorite tracks (so far) are #11 (Whenever You're Around)which made me mist up....SHUT UP!! lol It wasn't even the words, it was just the raw beauty of her voice. Also #16(The Way, Live in Paris). I know it's an older song but she put a rock mix to it and it sounds absolutely fabulous. If you've seen Dave Chappelle's "Block Party" it's the same version she performed in the movie. I instantly fell in love with it when I heard it then and I love even more now that I can play it in the car.

I stan (stalker-fan) for JS and will continue to do so until the day I leave this place called Earth. :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I have to go and check ths out. I know someone gave snippets. I wasn't overly impressed when I saw her Vh-1 soul thing, but I am so desperate for music that doesn't feature T-pain - I'll press on till I like it, lol

Oh and by the way - today's blog on my site is dedicated to Y-O-U!

Pamalicious
www.pamalicious.com

Anonymous said...

Wow...you're making me want to go out and buy it...something I usually never ever do. ($20 for 2 good songs, no thanks!)

Anonymous said...

Black Mamba, where you buying your cds? $20 for a cd...that's highway robbery.

Yeah Jill cd is rocking. I also picked up Keyshia Cole's cd and it's on fiyah!

Freaky Deaky said...

I'm not really into her but I might download it and burn it for a few people. Never too soon to start accumulating brownie points and coochie coupons.

Anonymous said...

Hi Thoughts of a SouthernGal - They're usually about that price, assuming you don't rush out to buy it while it's on sale - which I don't. After tax and all that crap it's about $20.

CreoleInDC said...

I love Jilly!

AR Gal said...

@Black Mamba, the two are not the only good songs on the cd, just my personal faves. :-) The entire cd is just great! I highly recommend you give it a try....it's worth it. I am quite biased though. It's $10 @ Best Buy right now.

Giving you what I got....musically