Thursday, October 18, 2007

I have nothing.....

....much to blog about that is. I'm sitting at home chilling out for a little while until I go and get my hair done. I thought about the timing of this since the (Susan G. Komen) "Race for the Cure" in Little Rock is Saturday morning. Then I figured, I know I will end up washing it Sunday (I like to wash my at least twice/week) it really didn't matter as long as it was relaxed. Speaking of the Race, I'm assuming that I'm still going as my friend that I am walking with informed me that she still hasn't registered...*sigh*. She lives in a town about 15 minutes outside of LR.....the place that you register at is right up the street from where I work. I guess I could have offered to go do it (even though she didn't ask) and she pay me back BUT it's not that serious. If she does she does and if she doesn't she doesn't no biggie....that just means I get to sleep in longer Saturday morning. :-)

So today @ work we had our weekly team meeting. Most everyone was in the conference except for "shiny top". He makes his way in and has a seat and E-40 hollers out, "Hey baldy where ya been man?". OMG!!! I cringed!!! Did this negro really just say that??!! Our manager looks up and says, "E-40.....no!" E-40 was like "What man I call him that all the time, he's "shiny top" and I'm "fat pork belly pig". *BLANK DAMN STARE* Ok, it's certified this dude is silly. The manager said, "Yeah but I don't care....not in my meetings....got it?" I saw some tumbleweed pass by it was so quiet in there. I would say that I was shocked but really I wasn't.

E-40 is nice and is helpful BUT is he also VERY VERY LOUD, cracks silly (read rude) jokes, and thinks that it's cool. He calls one of the other female members on our team "The Mexican" all.the.time. One of the vendors took us out for lunch last month and he was even stupid enough to mention that our manager had a talk with him saying that he really needs to watch what he says to her because she could go to HR on him. I guess he took heed because I haven't heard him use that little phrase anymore....at least not where I could hear it. He also has very colorful and (once again) LOUD conversations (read arguments) with his wife on the phone almost every morning he comes in. It was slightly funny at first but now it's just annoying as hell. They fuss about the dumbest of things, IMO.....keyboards, that he didn't wake her up in the morning (she works a later shift and he said that he doesn't want to disturb her in the morning), toilet paper......the list goes on. I'm sure they actually have argued about some stuff that is relevant but I just try my best to tune them out now because their love-hate phone sessions sometimes go half a day. *sigh*
Now I am by no means a fuddy duddy at work. I normally keep to myself and do my work but I also make sure I have good relationships with the people that I work with. I may chat it up with here and there and even have a chuckle or two but I also know there is a time and place for everything (especially in the workplace), somehow E-40 missed this lesson. We will be changing office buildings soon and although I am still close to him there is a cubicle separating me from him.....not that it will make much of a difference. lol I know one thing for certain......I'm just glad I'm not his wife, I would probably kill myself....or him. lol

Alright, I'm off to get my wig split.....catch ya laters!

4 comments:

Tasha said...

Umm, do we work in the same place? My manager has the same phone conversations with his wife daily. *grrrrr*

Anonymous said...

My wig is getting split today. This day didn't come fast enough.

Have a good weekend!

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

Nyce!

AR Gal said...

Hey Tasha! I highly doubt since I'm one of two women of a darker complexion in my dept. lol You don't know how many times I have just wanted to holler at him to take that shit outside in the hallway! lol lol lol

Hey Southern! I will, you do the same.

Hey BossMack! Thanks! Welcome to my spot. Feel free to come back and visit.

Giving you what I got....musically