Saturday, October 27, 2007

It's 2:00 in the mernin........

......I'm up and not even close to being sleepy. I got home from work this evening (after the drive in traffic from hell), took off my clothes, and got into bed. My intention was not to go to sleep but just to rest and wind down for a minute. So I'm laying there watching a bit of "Oprah", "Reba", and thinking about if I wanted to take the dogs walking when I dozed off. I guess that answered that. I remember waking up around 7 or 8 and turning the tube to Lifetime because I wanted to watch that show with the Lisa Williams chick. I apparently stayed up just long enough to change the station because I was out again until about 10. I've been up ever since. Just my luck, I won't get sleepy again until it's time for me to wake up and take the car in to get serviced. Thank goodness for afternoon naps! :-)

We had to take Emma to the vet Thursday evening because she was limping around the day before when we got home from work. She was fine Wednesday morning so we are guessing that she may have gotten her leg caught in her kennel. The doc checked her out and nothing's broken or swollen which we figured because she was not crying and did not seem to be in pain. He says it's probably just a sprain or bruise and gave her some doggie dope (ie some med's) to take to help just in case she's feeling a bit sore. She's up to 8 lbs! I knew she had grown (she's all legs) but figured she was about a good 5-6 lbs. No wonder my arms were sore last weekend from carrying her around during the race.....maybe I should get her a stroller. HA! NEVER!

So today at work, I get in and do my usual prep to get ready for the work day. I hear my other co-workers start to drift in including E-40. Thankfully there was no phone fight ensuing with his wife.....hey you gotta be grateful for the little things sometimes. He was however, talking to this other guy (we'll call him Mr. Buffy since he lifts weights) that sits next to him about the review he had yesterday and said that it all went well and that he only disagreed with one negative remark. The manager told him that he needs to work on his interpersonal skills and try to conduct himself in a more professional manner. lol lol He really couldn't believe it. Really? After the stunt that you pulled last week, you're shocked...no seriously you are....AS IF!! Like I said, dude is nice but he can go overboard and that is so not a good look. Mr. Buffy actually told E-40 that it probably just made the manager uncomfortable and it didn't bother the other guy. Well, ummm duh? It made me uncomfortable as well. I don't know if the other guy took it personally but the look on his face was not one of extreme pleasure.

In other news, we are changing offices. Today was our last day in the current building. Come Monday morning, I will have to drive up 3 extra exits to make it to work which ironically is right up the street from where I used to work and even more ironically (is that even a word??) it's in the old building that I used to work in many many years ago. The new building is really not that much further up the road but I had gotten spoiled with the other location as it's off of the first exit right after you cross the river and just a quick lane merge and left turn away after you exit the interstate. Quick and easy access...you can't beat that. Oh well.....ce la vie!

I've started to detect some yawns so maybe I have a few extra zzzz's left in me after all.

Hope you all are having a good weekend.

3 comments:

Aly Cat 121 said...

I hate moving ANYTHING. I hope ya company hires some movers for yall so you don't have to pack nothing.

Tasha said...

I hate moving offices too. I've had to do it a total of 4 times in a year. I hope the company makes it easy on yall. Hope you had a great rest of the weekend!

Freaky Deaky said...

Moving sucks and the only thing that sucks more than having to move your own stuff is moving someone else's. Hope the new old digs or is it old new digs work out for you.

Giving you what I got....musically