
......for Black Friday! So I knew Thursday evening that I was going to have to wake up early in order to get to Se.ars for my microwave. After a late start (thirty minutes after the alarm went off) and several run-ins with walls in the house, I was ready to go. So I get to the store and it turns out locating the home appliance department took longer than finding out that they had none of the microwaves advertised in the sale paper in stock. *sigh* Seriously? I knew I should have listened to my inner voice and gone to North Little Rock store instead.....I'm really going to have to start paying more attention it.
I decide to drive out to Tar-jay and check out their selection of turbo ovens. I wasn't about to get the Emer.son brand that was on special. I've read more than enough reviews about that product to know that I didn't need to spend $$$ or something that would not even last a year Don't believe me? Go to tar.get.s site and look at any E.mer.s.on brand microwave. A majority of the people give it a big fat thumbs down! lol So I'm thinking all the stores opened up @ 5 am....shucks Ko.h.l's opened @ 4 so why wouldn't everyone else already be open?? Little did I know that Tar-jay didn't open until 6. I got there @ 10 'til 6. Oh lawd! The people...OMG the people!!! They were everywhere!!! There was this loooooooooooooooooooooong line from the door to the the far end of the parking lot. I sat in my car and contemplated going in or not. I didn't have a coat ( I had on one of those velour jogging set thingys) and it was FREEZING outside. Then I remembered that Z did want a drill set they had on special there........oh fugg WHY NOT!
I get out the car and eyeball the line. People are steady lining up and cars are steadily coming into the parking lot where the people are.....ummmmm yeah, there ain't no way in hell I was about to get in that line (risking life and limb) so I mosey on up to the front of the store opposite of where the line was and grab a basket and chill out until they open the doors. While waiting, I notice a tv crew inside filming, "them" (the folks who had been waiting for heaven knows how long) giving "us" (the folks that had just got there) the evil eye, an older lady standing just to the side of the main line with her shopping cart (she had me laughing), one woman standing next to me changing her mind and going back home, and "security" (an early twenty-something girl who was no taller than 5'4" and couldn't have weighed more than 110 lbs wet) telling "us" that we need to move to the end of the line with "them". I swear this other lady and I looked at each other and CTHU! Like I said.....wasn't no way in hell. So anyway, the time that comes to open and I swear folks started pushing ("them" not "us"). They finally get the door open and I'm looking to see when another door was going to be opened.....still waiting. So I say to the lady standing next to me, "You mean to tell me that they are only going to have one set of doors open to let everyone in???". Her: "I know, this is crazy right?". Hmmmm, crazy indeed. After a couple of minutes, someone with some sense decides to open the other doors....thank goodness. I would have hated for someone to have gotten trampled or almost like another person did somewhere.
Oh, remember the older lady that was standing just to the side of the main line?? Ok so the doors open and she is standing there just waiting for an opening so she can squeeze on in (with a shopping cart, lol) with everyone else. "Security" tells her (while pointing) that she will need to go to the end of the line. *eye roll* Ha! That didn't stop her, she left that cart where it was and walked past that girl and on into the store. I was dyin laughing @ this point.....all I needed was a coat and some hot chocolate and I would have been set. Amidst staring at all the pushing and hearing a whole lotta of "hey watch it's", I remembered that I was there for a reason. I ditched my cart too and just mosied on in back to the hardware section, picked up the drill set and walked over to the microwaves to take a look. I saw nothing, so I made my purchase (and scored a gift card for $5) and left. In hindsight, I should have made my way over to the toy section to be really entertained......hey I was already there......lol
As for me, I ended up going to the NLR store to get the microwave but all they had left was black. I didn't want to wait for it to come in through special order. I ended up going to Sam's and spending more $$ but hey, I'm happy.
I decide to drive out to Tar-jay and check out their selection of turbo ovens. I wasn't about to get the Emer.son brand that was on special. I've read more than enough reviews about that product to know that I didn't need to spend $$$ or something that would not even last a year Don't believe me? Go to tar.get.s site and look at any E.mer.s.on brand microwave. A majority of the people give it a big fat thumbs down! lol So I'm thinking all the stores opened up @ 5 am....shucks Ko.h.l's opened @ 4 so why wouldn't everyone else already be open?? Little did I know that Tar-jay didn't open until 6. I got there @ 10 'til 6. Oh lawd! The people...OMG the people!!! They were everywhere!!! There was this loooooooooooooooooooooong line from the door to the the far end of the parking lot. I sat in my car and contemplated going in or not. I didn't have a coat ( I had on one of those velour jogging set thingys) and it was FREEZING outside. Then I remembered that Z did want a drill set they had on special there........oh fugg WHY NOT!
I get out the car and eyeball the line. People are steady lining up and cars are steadily coming into the parking lot where the people are.....ummmmm yeah, there ain't no way in hell I was about to get in that line (risking life and limb) so I mosey on up to the front of the store opposite of where the line was and grab a basket and chill out until they open the doors. While waiting, I notice a tv crew inside filming, "them" (the folks who had been waiting for heaven knows how long) giving "us" (the folks that had just got there) the evil eye, an older lady standing just to the side of the main line with her shopping cart (she had me laughing), one woman standing next to me changing her mind and going back home, and "security" (an early twenty-something girl who was no taller than 5'4" and couldn't have weighed more than 110 lbs wet) telling "us" that we need to move to the end of the line with "them". I swear this other lady and I looked at each other and CTHU! Like I said.....wasn't no way in hell. So anyway, the time that comes to open and I swear folks started pushing ("them" not "us"). They finally get the door open and I'm looking to see when another door was going to be opened.....still waiting. So I say to the lady standing next to me, "You mean to tell me that they are only going to have one set of doors open to let everyone in???". Her: "I know, this is crazy right?". Hmmmm, crazy indeed. After a couple of minutes, someone with some sense decides to open the other doors....thank goodness. I would have hated for someone to have gotten trampled or almost like another person did somewhere.
Oh, remember the older lady that was standing just to the side of the main line?? Ok so the doors open and she is standing there just waiting for an opening so she can squeeze on in (with a shopping cart, lol) with everyone else. "Security" tells her (while pointing) that she will need to go to the end of the line. *eye roll* Ha! That didn't stop her, she left that cart where it was and walked past that girl and on into the store. I was dyin laughing @ this point.....all I needed was a coat and some hot chocolate and I would have been set. Amidst staring at all the pushing and hearing a whole lotta of "hey watch it's", I remembered that I was there for a reason. I ditched my cart too and just mosied on in back to the hardware section, picked up the drill set and walked over to the microwaves to take a look. I saw nothing, so I made my purchase (and scored a gift card for $5) and left. In hindsight, I should have made my way over to the toy section to be really entertained......hey I was already there......lol
As for me, I ended up going to the NLR store to get the microwave but all they had left was black. I didn't want to wait for it to come in through special order. I ended up going to Sam's and spending more $$ but hey, I'm happy.



4 comments:
Awwwww I forgot to blog about the folks I seen and interacted with on Friday! LOL
You're a brave little girl scout. Ain't no way I would have been out in the cold waiting for a store to open. I'll be shopping from the comfort of my couch!
Go ahead and blog about it Ladynay...I'll be waiting. :-)
Sissy, I know right??!! lol I really was not out there long at all. The other stuff going on helped take my mind off of the temperature a little bit. :-)
That was too funny. And folks did all that, for what? Did they really have any good sales? We went shopping that day, but just to shop and not cuz we were gonna get some ohhh so great deals. Cuz I didn't see any in the store we spent money in.
Post a Comment