Tuesday, November 20, 2007

More conversations with mama…

I spoke with my mom this morning. She’s in St. Louis right now staying with my big sis until they leave out for NYC tomorrow. We were talking and then she informed me that my 3 year old nephew told her that he was gonna beat her butt and the convo ensued from there.....

Me: He said what?!
** me laughing **
Mama: Yeah, that lil joker told me that he was gonna beat my butt
** me still laughing **
Me: You know he probably got that from school right?
Mama: Yeah but I had to let him know that wasn’t proper for him to say.
Me: Well that’s good that you corrected him.
Mama: Yep sure did…..with my belt.
** me laughing again **
Me: WHAT?!
Mama: Oh child, I didn’t beat him down I just popped his bottom a little
Me: Oh okay
Mama: You know they just let these kids get away with anything around here.
Me: What?!
** me still laughing **
Mama: Don’t act like you don’t know.
Me: I don’t.
Mama: Well you come up here and visit for awhile….then you’ll see.
Me: I should go up and visit huh? I think I’ll keep it short to like the weekend. You know I like my space.
Mama: Mmmmm, hmmmm yes I know. I guess that’s what happens when you’re in love………
Me: What?! I was like this long before I met Z.
** silence **
Mama: Yeah I guess you’re right. You’ve had that "I only call when I need something" issue for a long while.
Me: What?!
Mama: Don’t what me. You know.
Me: I haven’t asked for anything from you in a long time. Now I just call to talk.
** mama laughing **
Mama: Yeah for now
Me: I used to call just to talk back in the day too.
Mama: When you wanted something…
** me crossing & rolling my eyes at the same time**
Me: So where’s the other one (my youngest nephew that’s two) at?
Mama: In the hallway sleep next to me.
Me: Ummm, what are ya’ll doing in the hallway?
Mama: Well his mama left to go to work for a little bit and to run some errands so he had a fit and this is where he finally fell out and fell asleep at.
Me: ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Mama: I knew he was sleepy. He’s been up since I woke up @ 5:30 this morning.
Me: Oh wow
Mama: You’re usually up by then I should have called you.
Me: Yeah you could have but I probably wouldn’t have answered
Mama: And why not?
Me: ‘Cause I’m slow enough as it is getting ready for work in the morning and being on the phone would have just slowed me up more. I would have called you back from the car though
Mama: Well what if would have been an emergency?
Me: You would have left a message, I would have heard it, and I would have called you back.
Mama: Well I know not to call you that early then.
Me: Oh lawd…… Let me get off this phone so I can get back to work.
Mama: What do they have you doing now?
Me: Oh just this and that……not too much going on this week though.
Mama: Ohhhhh
Me: Well if I don’t talk to you guys tomorrow, I’ll call you Thursday.
Mama: I already said that I was gonna call so why would you call.
** sighs then laughs **
Me: We’ll just talk to each other Thursday then. Love you
Mama: Love you too.

I swear I said What? so much that I felt like Lil John! lol

3 comments:

Aly Cat 121 said...

Okay I was enjoying yalls convo and then you just messed me up with Lil John. LOL. You know I'm be saying that sh*t all day now. *shakin head* What? lol

Anonymous said...

Kids in St Louis are from another bred. LOL

AR Gal said...

LOL @ AlyCat. I know right?!

Southern, who you tellin! lol

Giving you what I got....musically