- Happy New Year!!
- I'm currently in a mild state of depression about having to go back to work tomorrow. Having been off for almost two and half straight weeks will do that to ya.
- I have enjoyed this time off like no other. Rest and relaxation are the best!
- I finally broke down and purchased a vacuum this weekend. I liked the reviews and the specs. So far so good. Of course it is brand new so we'll see how well it does after about 6 months or so. I'm just glad I no longer have to do extra work to clean the area rug in the den. Vacuuming is now a joy not a chore.
- Yeah right! LMAO
- While in STL, I got a chance to try out the restaurant Chipotle. I always hear such good things about the place that I told my sister that I just had to have some before I left. Let me just tell you, they had me at burrito bowl. The food was delicious! I think I now know my purpose in life. Campaign for a Chipotle in the Little Rock area.
- Too bad I wasn't the lucky SOB in Mayflower (AR) that has the winning 25 million dollar lotto ticket. I would open my own chain.......or make random trips to places that have Chipotle locations. LOL
- During this downtime, I've been catching up on Season 1 of 'True Blood'.
- I heart Lafayette!
- I also saw a few movies online including 'Precious' and 'Brothers'.
- I laughed at parts that weren't necessarily supposed to be funny watching 'Precious'. Specifically when Precious' mother chased her up the stairs after she kicked the house shoe back down the stairs at her. While I'm being honest, the movie didn't really leave me feeling depressed or down like others have commented in other reviews. It was just another movie to me, granted well acted, but just another movie.
- 'Brothers' was okay. It got a bit slow at times so I was thankful to be able to fast forward through those scenes.
- Z and I actually took in a movie at the theater. We went to see 'Avatar'. I don't feel like doing a review so I will say just go see it. It's great! We didn't do the 3D version though. Still contemplating it just for the experience.
- We took the Christmas decorations down New Year's day after coming back from Sam's Club only to discover they were closed. All we could do was laugh after wasting time driving up to North Little Rock. We really thought they would be open though. Womp womp.
- They really need to open one up where we live.
- I made fried cabbage after taking down the decorations. It was a recipe from my paternal grandmother. I'm not a big cabbage person (unless it's in coleslaw) but my sister made some when I was in STL. It smelled so good that I just had to try it. It was delish and so was my batch. :D
- My mother and I had a rather recent unpleasant conversation. Long story short, she sent me one of her notorious emails (these are emails she composes and sends to me or one of my sisters after she gets really pissed about something) after a conversation she had with one of my sisters. The topic? When I had taken off from work. She says I told her one thing and my sister another. I was therefore deemed dishonest and was called a liar.......via email.....over days I took off work from my job. *blank stare*
- I told them both the same thing. People forget and/or get facts confused but not once did that ever dawn on her. As I told her, if I am going to lie about something it would be about oh saaaaaaaaay robbing a bank or cheating the IRS. LOL
- In any event, all the facts have been sorted out (not that there was anything to actually sort) but I was truly offended and I told her as much. Now she's pissed because she feels like I put her in the middle of something. *rolls eyes* Please note that she put herself in the middle of a nonexistent situation and that she still doesn't get 'it'.
- I love that woman but she can drive me absolutely bat.shit.crazy.
- I called her Friday to wish her a Happy New Year. :)
- Anyhoo, it's really cold here as I'm sure it is over 80% of the country. We had the faintest of snow flurries earlier today. I'm hoping for some inclement weather overnight so I can stretch this vacay out one more day.
- Fingers crossed.
Sunday, January 03, 2010
A little bit of this, a little bit of that................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Happy New Year!
Chipotle is the business, but sometimes you have to be prepared for the aftermath...you know what I'm sayin!
I'mma have to taste this fried cabbage stuff...sounds interesting
Yesterday was the coldest day in over a year in my area. Funny thing is it sure as hell didn't feel that way. There was one day last year where I literally started shivering and had problems activating the automatic door locks on my truck. LOL.
Fried cabbage? *tries to restrain the tears* Ewwwwww!
I drove past McDonald's on New Year's day and was shocked that they were closed. I couldn't even comprehend a situation or day outside of Christmas or the assassination of Ronald McDonald by the King that would cause them to close their doors. I thought 2012 was coming early but I'm sure McDonald's will be open then as well. LOL
I saw Avatar in 3D. I'm tempted to go see it in IMAX 3D.
I heart Lafayette too. Welcome aboard the True Blood train. LOL.
Lucky!!!!
Avatar is 3D was great! Though I don't think I could sit through the whole thing again.
You right it doesn't take much snow to shut the city down. The roads are not bad at all. School should be open and you should be at work like me! LOL
I heard someone won $25 million, I wanted to cry. I know one thing, if it was me I would be getting the hell out of Mayflower.
LOL @ the aftermath. Now that you mention it, I did have a severe case of the BG's the day I left which ironically was the day AFTER I had said Chipotle.
Yes fried cabbage Freaky! LOL It's not really fried like you do chicken...more like sauteed. :D
McD's closed on NYD???!!! How strange.
The movie was rather long Babs but I didn't even realize it until after we made our way out the theater. I'm still thinking we may go. Today perhaps on our 'snow day'...most of which has melted away. LMAO
Southern, ya'll are at work??!! Booooooooooo!! Every time I look out the window I laugh because there is literally nothing on the ground right now.
Sheid, $25 million in Mayflower would last a long time though. LOL I know I wouldn't move from the 'way. I'd buy a house way out in the country and just travel.
Yes, Chipotle is the business! There's even a ipod touch/iphone app for Chipotle where you can place an order at your nearest restaurant and go pick it up. not that i've used it... yet. ;-)
I was watching the cast of Precious on Mo'nique a few weeks ago, and the director said that everyone was laughing during the shooting of the house shoe.
i was in a mild state of depression about having to go back to work today. who am i kidding? i'm still mildly depressed about it. one woman at the school where i work said it was good to be back b/c she liked structure. *side eye* I like structure too, but I can create my own structure, thanks! :-D
i keep meaning to go see Avatar, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. maybe this weekend...
Whoohooo for that vacuum cleaner!
Imma have to try chipotle'
Blkbutterfly, well that makes me feel better. It was a funny scene (and I know I'm not the only one that laughed at that ish either). LOL
Patrice, please go! It's soooo good!
I'm definitely moving south. I need a "lil flurry to give me a free day from work" in my life.
Post a Comment