Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Just when……..

…..I think I have nothing to blog about, Mother Earth works her magic and VOILA!

I ventured out to a beauty supply store in Mexican Central (aka SW Little Rock) today. They are the only place I have been able to find that carries raw black soap. That’s pretty sad considering you could go to any other major city and find it (relatively) easy…..or at least I think so. It’s also pretty sad that I work with a lot of African people and not one of them could tell me where I could go to buy some. Boo. Anyway, the downside is they only carry it in small sizes (about $2 for .5 oz) but I figure I can grab a lot of them at one time and it would still be cheaper than buying it online and paying for shipping.

Moving on.

So I grabbed my supply, headed to the cash register and proceed to have the most intriguing conversation with the young lady that checked me out.

YL: Did you need help finding anything or were you ready to check out?

Me: *smiles* Oh, I’m ready.

YL: So, do you use this all over your body?

Me: Yeah, face and all.

YL: Really? I tried it once but broke me out.

Me: Oh no! Well you can’t tell. You have a beautiful complexion.

YL: Yeah well it wasn’t anywhere you could see.

Me: (wondering where the hell this girl could be talking about….her ankles?) Oh?

YL: Yeah it was down there *points to her nether regions with her finger*

Me: Ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

YL: I mean it was real bad. My grandmama had to call the medical emergency number and everything because it was puffed up like this (yes she really held her fist up)

Me: Oh my! I don’t blame you not using any longer. Well, thanks and have a nice day!

Now at this point, I’m laughing but she was too so it wasn’t totally awkward. I didn’t realize when she asked if I used it all over my body she really meant allllllllll over mah body. I just assumed she meant exposed skin. LOL Oh well, at least I learned something new today…I think.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You kinda wanna try it now, don't ya? LOL

AR Gal said...

Hell naw!! LOL

Anonymous said...

BWAHAHAHAHA! See, folks share way too much with strangers! *lol* This sounds like the kind of conversations that happen to me and folks never believe me. Good to know that I'm not the only one.

Anonymous said...

BWAHAHAHAHA! See, folks share way too much with strangers! *lol* This sounds like the kind of conversations that happen to me and folks never believe me. Good to know that I'm not the only one.

AR Gal said...

Random thought: I don't know what's up with the spacing of this post. It was fine when I posted it. Oh well....

My co-worker said the same thing. It just came out of nowhere. I guess she needed to vent hell. LOL

You're definitely not alone. I don't post about half of the weird and crazy encounters I have with people.

Anonymous said...

LOL @ her holding up her fist. I don't think I could have shared that story if that had happen to me.

AR Gal said...

That's one of those secrets where you tell no one and take to the grave. lol

Giving you what I got....musically