Thursday, March 11, 2010

Why you over there lookin’ at me?

My co-worker annoys the Sh’Nikes out of me. Every time I get up from my desk, she breaks her neck to see where I’m walking. Every time I walk back to my desk, she just stares…..intently. Now I just avoid eye contact with her and keep my eyes focused in whatever direction I’m going (but I can still see her looking in my peripheral vision). This behavior is strange (to me) as my personality is such that I really could care less about what anyone around me is doing.


You’re going to a meeting? Do I have to go? No? Great! Have fun!


You have a visitor at your desk? Good for you! I can’t hear what you’re saying over the music in my headphones anyway.


You’re trying to sneak out early? Great! Have loads of fun!


You diggin’ a booger out of your nose? Ewww but just don’t flick it over here or let me catch you eating it ‘cuz I’m tellin’!


That reminds me, I have a short story about that.


As long as you are not a disgruntled employee and refrain from coming into the building to shoot ‘em up at the OK Corral then we’re good.


This chick though…..she’s just different and stuff. She’s been in our group for almost one year but has been with the organization for maybe three or so. She was placed here during the re-org that happened last year. One experience I had early on really helped shape my opinion of her.

I was working on a report and needed no distractions so I sought refuge in one of the empty conference rooms on the opposite end of our department’s floor. During a break, I visited the lady’s room and went to my desk to grab a granola bar to snack on. I saw her sitting at her desk so I spoke.


Me: Hey Sh’Nike


Sh’Nike: Hey AR Gal, I missed you!


Me: *strange look on my face* Girl ion't even know you Ummmmm, oh. Well, I’ll see you later.

(I must point that I had only known this chick for maybe a month up to this point)


As I walked back to the conference room, I heard heels clomping (loudly) on the floor. I turned to see who it was and saw her little head peeking around the corner watching me to see where I was going. I turned my head back around and headed to the stairwell to go up one floor and came back down in one of the side stairwells to get back to the conference room. Like I said I needed no distractions and the last thing I wanted was her following me to find out my top secret location. LOL Now in my head, I was thinking….seriously WHO DOES THAT?! In my heart I was thinking, this beesh is CRAZY! I laugh about it now when I tell that story but really….WHO DOES THAT??!!








7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMFAO! I so love that you went up the stairs and came back down!

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

LOL @ you dodging her. That is something I would do.

AR Gal said...

I miss you too Barista! Bwahahahahaha

Southern, great minds think alike!

Ladynay said...

Maybe she has girl crush or something :-)

AR Gal said...

Naw, my gaydar is pretty good. I don't get that vibe from her plus she's married. She's just weird to me.

Anonymous said...

*lmao* @ having a semi-stalker co-worker! Whew! So, she went from missing you to not speaking? Too bizarre!

AR Gal said...

Naw we still speak, normally in the morning when we see each other, she just has this issue with staring.

Giving you what I got....musically