Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Conversation with my Mama

Here's an excerpt of the convo I had with my mama this evening that I found to be rather funny

Mama: What are you doing?
Me: I'm online while we are talking
Mama: Ohhhh, that's why you aren't paying attention to what I'm saying
Me: Huh what?
Mama: See that's what I'm talking about you too busy checking email. I don't see how that takes a lot of time since you don't ever send any
Me: Yeah you're right, I really don't. I receive a lot.....especially from you
*laughing from both of us*
Me: I usually just check them and then look online at blogs
Mama: Frogs???
Me: *laughs* No ma'am...blogs b-l-o-g-s
Mama: What's that??
Me: It's kind of like a diary that people type instead of write and put it online for other people to read
Mama: Why would you want to do that?
Me: Well different people do it for different reasons I suppose but from what I've found most do it as a form of self expression and to relieve stress
Mama: You don't have one do you?
Me: yeeeeep I do
Mama: You been talkin about me online
Me: If I have it really hasn't been that much
Mama: You bet not be
Me: *laughs* Why not?
Mama: I don't want all my business posted on the computer for folks to see
Me: Yes ma'am
Mama: Can you get in trouble for having a blog?
Me: In trouble with who?
Mama: I don't know
Me: No mother dear, it's perfectly fine
Mama: You don't do it @ work do you?
Me: *sigh* No mama
*thinks to self "I would if I could though but they have it blocked"*
Mama: Oh well that's fine I guess
*more talking about this and that*
Mama: What are ya'll eating for dinner?
Me: Cube steak, corn, and mashed potatoes
Mama: Steak? I thought Z didn't eat meat
Me: Nooooo mama, he doesn't eat pork
Mama: Ohhhh, I knew it was somethin or another. Well I'll let you go so you can cook and get back online
Me: *laughs* Okay woman, I'll talk with you later. Love you
Mama: Love you too.

8 comments:

Sissy said...

You better not put your mama's business all over the computer! LOL! That's so typical of Mother's everywhere. Cute!

Anonymous said...

Do you really call your mom ma'am?
Even if you did put your mama's business online, not like anyone can really trace it to her, and if they can...they must be super bored...

AR Gal said...

Hey Sissy! I know right! I told you she was a mess! lol

Hey Black Mamba! Yes I still call my mama ma'am. It's a southern thing. :-) Naw there's nothing really traceable to know who she is. Hell, this is the most I've posted about her since I started blogging. lol

Tasha said...

This is funny. I had the same conversation with my mom. She told me not to put her business out there, but then she stopped by to read my blog and was wondering why I didn't talk about her more. Go figure.

Ladynay said...

I wish my mom was net savvy. She refuses to learn how to use even the simple things...like email! *sigh*

Happy 50th!!!!!

Aly Cat 121 said...

How cute is that?! I love moms. LOL. Your mom sounds totally cute. *chuckle* My mom be crackin me up too.

Little Brown Girl said...

ADORABLE!

The Detective said...

LOL. This is too cute.

Giving you what I got....musically