Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hey You…......

Yeah you crazy lady driving the SUV. The next time someone tells your that’s okay just go with it….mkay? Thanks.

I took the pooches walking yesterday and the particular route I chose to go caused me to have to cross a busy street. I was in no hurry and was demonstrating such by occasionally glancing up to check traffic and looking down at my fingernails when all of a sudden I hear a horn honk. I glance up thinking it was just a disgruntled driver when I see this lady had stopped to apparently let us cross the street. Now this street is a two lane with a turning lane in between to get to the street I wanted to cross to. I look the opposite way like mama ‘nem taught me and see cars coming. I turn back to her smile and mouth “That’s okay” and wave for her to just keep on going. I can be bold but I wasn’t about to risk life, limb, and my babies’ paws just because she said it was okay to cross! What happened next not only shocked me but forced me to go hood in the ‘burbs. This woman, instead of just keeping on like normal folk, then decides that I am not appreciative enough of her random act of kindness and proceeds to pull up to my bumper, roll down her window, and tell me so.

“Kind” Crazy Lady: Hey, I was just trying to let you cross the street!
Me: Yeah, I see that. I also see traffic is coming from the opposite side of the road and didn't feel it was safe.
KCL: So why didn’t you go?
Me: *thinking is the bitch serious?* Are you seriously holding up traffic for this? Didn’t you just hear what the hell I said?
KCL: You could have been gone.
Me: You also could have had your dumb ass at the house a long time ago but instead you chose to ignore my signal for you to get the hell on. Now you’ve held up traffic and pissed off me, my dogs, and the folks behind you. Go home stupid ass!!

**Emma was growling by then again she growls at anything that she doesn’t know so that’s not unusual. Lol

She drove off after that but I was just left there standing dumbfounded by that idiot. I almost turned around and went home but I wasn’t about to let her ruin our walk. I did however find a nice size rock on the ground to chunk at her just in case she came back for round two. I swear I have seen/heard/experienced some crazy stuff in my life but this one ranks right up there near the top of the list. What’s even crazier is that she is a part of the staff or teaches @ my alma mater which is just right up the street. I saw her hangtag through the windshield and just shook my head. Just to think, she could possibly be teaching folks something……that’s a scary thought.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was no point of her stopping and talking to you. I bet she taught a subject in business administrator. There were some crazy people working/teaching in that department.

Speaking of our alma mater, have you been to the new black alumni site? It's so addictive.

AR Gal said...

No point @ all Southern! I'll be keeping a lookout for her deranged behind going forward. She don't know me...my periphial vision game is TIGHT!!

Still Patrice said...

ummmm.. she was VERY crazy!

AR Gal said...

Hey Paj! Indeed.

Southern, no I haven't been to it. I just found out about it a few weeks ago. I can't remember the name of the website though. I'm going to try googling it now.

Anonymous said...

@ Southern Gal: Why are you disparaging people in business administration? That's not cool. :o(

What an oblivious dumbass? I wonder what she would've said had you or one of the dogs got hit. *shaking my head* People can't live with them and can't kill them (without good reason) without getting in trouble.

AR Gal said...

Hey Freaky! No seriously, I can vouch for SouthernGal. We went to the same college and some of the people in that department were a little touched. lol

What would she have said? Hmmmmm, me thinks that it would have been all my fault and that I just strangely walked out into the street. Sorry, I'm not into murder-suicides....I'll pass. lol

Giving you what I got....musically