Today I had to take my eldest furry child to the vet's office to have a teeth extraction and cleaning done. In an effort to spoil him rotten, AR Gal would frequently buy him those big hearty bones to chew on because he loved them so. In doing so, this has caused him to have a fractured tooth. Now granted noone really knows how it happened but that's my diagnoses and I'm stickin to it. Mkay? Thanks. Unfortunately for my boy, that means no more of those tasty treats but lucky for him I still want to spoil him and his little sister (aka his sidepiece...more on that later) so they will be just fine with other alternatives I've found for them.
So I take him to the vet, talk with the vet asst. for a spell about the procedure that was to be done (a TOOTH extraction and cleaning) say my goodbyes and jet back home. About 3 hours or so after they were complete, I get a call from the office telling me that everything is done and that Cochise is fine but that the procedure was a bit more complex than they first thought. This girl proceeds to tell me that they have irrigated his ears and did some special shit to his nails.
Me: Ummmm, why?
Girl: Well, Dr. B noticed that he had some build-up in his ears and felt that since he was already under that it would just be a good idea. And his nails were really long. So with the extra work done your bill is now $357.
Me: Mmmmm, I doubt that. Why did noone call any of the THREE phone numbers I have listed to ask me or Z for authorization?
Girl: Yes Ms. AR Gal, we are really sorry about that, I don't have an explanation.
Me: Mmmmmmm. ok so when will he be ready to pick up?
Girl: Around two o'clock.
Me: Ok, I'll see you then.
Now I know you're thinking why isn't this girl going off by now right? If not, humor me and play along. I knew they were in some kind of violation but I had to call the state board to make sure. Why? 'Cause I like to have all my cards in play when I'm dealin in bullshit.
I call and state my case to the lady and without missing a beat she tells me they cannot do that. I asked her what needs to happen next and she said try talking to the vet (which I was already going to do) and if then he still didn't want to remove the charges to file a complaint. She then asks who my vet is and I tell her. Her response: "Ohhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooo!! I really hate that but the laws the law." You would have that I said Jesus or something how she responded. See my vet is one of the best in Central AR and is known for his work but I didn't give a damn today.
With that assurance under my belt, I make my way to the office, enter and speak politely. As I step up to the desk , the girl wants to go ahead and have me pay. Ehhhhhhhhhhh, no. I tell her I would like to speak with the doctor first. She seems a little surprised but walks me back to a room. As he enters, we are cordial but he knows I am upset by the look on my face and tell him so. He tells me that he thought I knew about the ear issues and that I wanted that done. Ummmmm, COME AGAIN? I know every spring he goes through this infection thing and we have to get medicine for it but noone said anything about his ears when they were examined just here LAST WEEK for his check-up. He then says yeah but it's harder to actually gauge the extent and since he was already laying there we were better able to see. I told him that I got that and I'm not saying that it was not needed but noone.called.to.ask.me.if.it.was.okay. That is my issue with this, a decision was made w/out my consent. He wasn't gonna die if someone took 5 minutes to pick up the damn phone to call....shit. That's just like you taking your car to the repair shop and them doing work on your car w/out calling to tell you and expecting you to pay. Bump that! I told him that he may not have known but that vet. asst. did and this was unacceptable. We continued to talk and just as I was about to trump him with the state board violation, he goes to get the bill so we can review and proceeds to mark off everything I didn't want to pay for.....which was everything except for the dental extraction and cleaning thank you very much.
Now see, wasn't that easy? *rollin my eyes*



5 comments:
Wow Ar Gal....hmmm so please tell you'll never bring the dog back, they might take it out on him....mess around and have three legged dog when you pick him up next time...
Ahh, hell naw. My vet has done the same b.s. and now they wonder why I don't bother making appts with them all too quickly. That shit is unacceptable!
That was wrong. I've never had this happen to me and hopefully never will b/c my reaction wouldn't be nice.
I've never had that happen to me. Although once we're there they always want to suggest shit. Um, no we're straight.
At least he did the right thing in the end. Now that the vet had to swallow whatever amount for those services maybe they'll be sure to call people and ask beforehand.
I'm assuming the furbaby is okay, right?
Hey Tiff! I am considering not going back. We've got six months before either dog needs to go back to the vet *knocks on wood* so I've got a little time to make a decision. :)
Hey Black Mamba! The more people I tell the more they tell me it's happened to them too! WTF??!!
Hey Southern! Giiiiiiirrl, I'm tellin you. If that man had not taken those charges off.......*smdh* Let's just say he wouldn't want to see that side of me cause when I get ig'nant it's not purty.....and I can get REAL ig'nant.
Hey Freaky! We get those emails and stuff too about stuff we should do. Ummm whatever, we got that. lol He claims they usually do call before but he thought I knew. Ummmm, yeah, I'm still not buyin it.
Yes Cochise is doing fine. Thank you for asking. He is back to normal but he wasn't his bright eyed and bushy tailed self Friday because the drugs were still trying to wear off. If you looked at him you would have thought he had the best crack/cocaine ever known to man. He was hiiiiiiiiigh. lol
Post a Comment