Monday, December 08, 2008

Christmas Meme

Have you been naughty or nice this year?
I've been nicety!

What do you want most for Christmas?
Ummmm, world peace. My boots are on the way so I'm good otherwise but world peace would be nice. If only in a perfect world.

Do you believe in Father Christmas?
I don't think I've ever actually heard this term used before? Is this proper talk for Santa Claus? If so, nope I haven't believed in that since I was like 7 or 8.

What is your favorite food at Christmas?
I love love love those Hickory Farms meat things and cheese balls. Yummy!!

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?
Yes, I bought my niece a watch on Black Friday. Hey it's a start!

Have you finished your Christmas shopping yet?
Nerp, not even close. See answer above for details

What is your favorite Christmas song?
"Let It Snow" by Boyz II Men. I know so cliche' but I like it a lot.

What is your favorite Christmas movie?
Hands down... A Christmas Story. What's not to love?!

What is your best memory of Christmas?

I was going to say something else but I copied and pasted this from Freaky's blog with his answers and he mentioned the Winter Wonderland exhibit that he visited growing up. They had one in Memphis @ Goldsmiths downtown that I went to every year with my Mama and Granny. The first time I remember going was when I was about 4 or 5. It was the neatest thing ever!!!! And yes Freaky you're right, it really was beautiful. We took my niece and nephew to it about 5 years ago. The location has sinced changed and while the exhibit was not as vast as it was when I was younger, I swear the same sense of excitement and euphoria set in. I think I got a little teary eyed because of the memories it brought back to me. WHAT?! Yes I can be a lush!! SHUT IT!

What do you look forward to most at Christmas?

During this time in my life. Honestly, it's the time off from work. Sad I know but it's the truth. lol

What are you doing for Christmas this year?

I'll be between home and Memphis.

What kind of Christmas tree do you have?

It's a regular old 6 1/2 inch green artificial tree.

Do you take part in a secret Santa?

I have in the past

Do you go to any Christmas parties? It depends on whose hosting it.

Have you ever had a white Christmas?

When I was younger yes but not so much during adulthood. I do remember a nice ice storm back in '04 though. lol

How early do you wake up on Christmas morning?

I have no set time. I just get up whenever the spirit moves me.

Do you still get a stocking?

I purchased stockings last year on clearance after the holidays so this is the first time we have some to hang. There's nothing in them though. I'm putting lumps of doo doo balls in Emma's if she doesn't cease and desist with the poo poo platters. lol I asked Z what he was putting in mine and he said my present was already in there. I looked over to the mantle and told him it looked rather empty. He says its full of air...something we all need. I HATE HIM!! LMAO!

How many Christmas cards do you normally send out?

Zero. It's funny because I used to send them out all the time when I was in college but I just stopped. Oh well....

How much money do you spend on Christmas gifts for family members?

It varies.

What is the best Christmas gift you have ever received?

It's a toss-up between my Easy Bake Oven and my first Cabbage Patch Doll.


Prefer to open gifts on Christmas Eve or Day? It honestly makes me no difference. I always know what I'm getting anyway. lol


Does December 25 feel too short or too long usually? I wouldn't say too long but it does seem to last forever.

How many gifts do you think you will get this year?

Just a few. Times ain't what they used to be when I was a little girl. It's a good thing I don't mind.

Are artificial trees or real trees better?

I can't say, I've only dealt with fake trees.

Decorate the Christmas tree with popcorn strings?

We did that a couple of years when I was little. I poked my finger a lot trying to thread the popcorn.

Put up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving?

I normally try to get it up the day or weekend following Thanksgiving.

Should a Christmas tree be shorter or taller than 5 feet?

I like bigger trees so yes I say taller than 5 feet.

What color of lights look best on trees?

White lights IMO.

What does your stocking look like?

Gold with beading

Should stockings be hung on the fireplace mantle?Where else would you hang them? If you have a mantle then yeah I hang them there. Otherwise, I guess you could tack them on the wall.

Does your dog have its own stocking?

Yes, my furbabies have stockings.

Have you ever used a real sock for a stocking?

Nerp. Wouldn't it make sense to not have one if a regular sock was your only option?

Prefer fruit or nuts in your stocking?

I think I'd rather have air in it. LMAO!!

Do you buy stuff to put in your family’s stockings?

This is the first year for it so we shall see.

What’s the weirdest thing you ever got in a stocking?

Air. Lemme quit. LMAO! These stocking questions are killin me softly....for real.

How many parties do you usually go to during the holidays?

Very few.

Have you ever spiked the eggnog at a party?

I hate eggnog. There is no good way to drink it, I don't care what anyone else says. That stuff is gross!

Better to play holiday music or pop music at a holiday party?

I think a good mix of both is okay

Rather go to an office holiday party or the dentist?

To the dentist.

Ever gone to a party dressed up as Santa Claus?

Hell no! I'm a lady!

Put lights up on the house or not?

Z does.

Prefer icicle lights or traditional lights?C’mon!

Traditional lights with the big bulbs. Those icicle lights have always looked funny to me.

Outline the roof with lights or cover the bushes with lights? Both

Prefer decorating with all white lights or colored lights? White

Ever plugged more than 3 strings of lights in one socket?

This is a really dumb question

Rather spend the holidays with family or friends?

Both if possible because my friends are like my family

Are there certain family members you only ever see during the holidays?

My aunt and cousins that live around the corner from my Grandmama's house. I don't fool with them folks that much. lol

Are there any family members that you miss during the holidays?

My grandmama Virgie *pours out a lil liquor*

Do you have any holiday traditions?

Driving around looking at Christmas lights. It's a must for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We use to go the the Winter Wonderland in Memphis too. We lived about 1.5 hours from Memphis. Remember the ice rink in the mall? Those were the days.

I watched The Christmas Story this weekend. I love that movie. I watch it everytime it comes on.

Anonymous said...

Z is correct, we all need air. His gift isn't only practical it's a lifesaver! You should thank him with a huge TV or something.

Eggnog is the bomb with some ice cream, Jack Daniels or Rum, nutmeg, and whipped cream. It's great!

AR Gal said...

Southern, girl yeah I remember the rink at the Mall of Memphis!! I never went skating in it though. I'll never get the chance now. They demolished the mall about 3 years ago. :(

Freaky, I will thank him with a thank you. lol I've tried eggnog with liquor and it was still gross. I'd rather drink liquor in a brown bag straight out of the bottle than to put eggnog down my throat again. YUCK!!

Anonymous said...

You owe me a pair of glasses and a bottle of aspirin...because after reading all of that Santaness... I am out of it.

Giving you what I got....musically