Monday, April 06, 2009

Your blood pressure will thank you…………..

Those are the words I said to my friend last week after telling her to quit fussin’ with her 3 year old. I have never understood why folks choose to argue with someone that is just beyond infancy. I seriously can’t wrap my head around it.

She is one of those people. If we are on the phone and her little boy is around, she spends more time fussin’ at and with him than holding a conversation. I find this really strange (not to mention annoying) seeing as the kid has not quite mastered the fine art of basic conversation yet. I personally think that this also creates a bad habit. I’m a firm believer in a kid staying in a kids place and by showing him that he can interrupt her all willy nilly and push her buttons like that is setting a bad example. That’s just me though. Usually he mostly just yells and screams and most times she reciprocates. Lol Needless to say her son has a rather challenging personality (ie, he is bad as hell). Sometimes I will entertain our phone chats, other times I will not. It truly depends on my mood and how much I believe I can withstand from the two of them.

Remember back when I helped her out with the baby shower last summer? Well after that we went to get her kid and to visit with one of our buddies from college. To make a long story short, as we were getting ready to leave I reach to pick him up and he has a fit and starts kicking and flailing. I put him down instantly. This child proceeds to then fall out on the floor in front of the front door. Meanwhile, his mama is trying to reason with him and threatening to spank him (yeah right). I had my keys in my hand, so I just step over him and walk outside and told my friend I’d be ready when she got him settled in the car. Lol I just can’t take all of that hollerin!

Now, this is just me but it seems that it would be much easier to just put the kid on ignore status. Like seriously, pay him/her no attention and just let them fall out, have the tantrum, whatever. Granted I have no children of my own but my niece and nephews have tried this on more than one occasion whenever I was around. I have no tolerance for that kind of stuff, AT ALL, so guess what I did. Yep, I just walked the hell off and let them do their thing. Guess what else? They got over it (especially when they realized that I wasn’t stuttin’ them). Lol I dunno, like I said, I don’t have kids so all this shit I’m talking may fall by the wayside if I ever decide to berf a baby but I’m holding strong for now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find myself arguing with my 4 yr old sometimes bout things like the where he put his toy or if the cartoon is over. lol It's more of a funny type of thing. And I wish he would yell and scream at me.

Ignore status always work. I will let him fall out and walk out the room. Temper tantums are a given when dealing with toddlers but you don't always have to entertain them.

Ladynay said...

I can not, repeat, can not stand a temper tantrum or a child that calls him/herself yelling at me!

My eye just twitched thinking about it!

AR Gal said...

Southern, yeah but this little boy is ummmm different...yeah that's it. lol I already know he would have been thrown against a wall or something if he was mine. WHAT?! I'm just sayin.......

Ladynay, giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrllll......... This little boy would make your eyes cross. lol

Goli said...

Have your friend study this tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcSrxSkdVDY

AR Gal said...

I will send it to her today!!!! lol

Giving you what I got....musically