I've been wanting to see this since they started advertising for it. Most people that knew me when I was younger find this odd since I never really watched the series much growing up. The same goes for Transformers. What can I say? I'm a sucker for a REALLY good movie preview. Often times the preview turns out to be the best parts rolled into 2 minutes but in this instance (and with Transformers) that was untrue. This movie was AWESOME!!
Not really having much to compare it to (other than memories of the characters), I went in with an open mind. Speaking of, the cast is perfect. They were great at catching the essence of the original characters without making it seem like bad imitations. Whatever group of people that held the responsibility of casting these folks really did a great job The addition of the original Spock was a nice added touch as well. I think that helped to add a bit of nostalgia for all the true trekkies.
Sidenote: I thought Leonard Nimoy was dead.
Sidenote squared: How the hell did Tyler Perry manage to get a cameo in this joint?
I'll keep it brief and just say that this is a great, GREAT movie! Even if you never liked Star Trek, the storyline, special effects, characters, etc are enough, IMO, to make it worth your time and your dime. :)
AR Gal rates this: 5 U.S.S Starship Enterprises



7 comments:
Tyler Perry has dirty pictures of somebody. That's all I have to say.
For shame! Leonard Nimoy is not dead. He's going to be on the season finale of Fringe on Tuesday, if you watch the show.
I saw the movie on Friday and I loved it.
Two thumbs up to this review!
Freaky, he's got to! I think that was the most shocking part of the movie! lol Naw, I don't watch Fringe but it's good to know he's still alive and doing quite well. :)
Thanks Second Sixty-Eight!
Great review. Umm booo to the Tyler Perry cameo. I'm planning on going to see it next weekend.
My side-eye game was strong when I saw his face appear on the screen. lol
Thanks!
2nding Freaky - You need to watch Fringe!! Great show!
I want to see Star Trek because I am a big J.J. Abrams fan. Never liked the original show, but looking forward to the movie.
Thanks for the review!
I'll try and check it out!
You're welcome!
Post a Comment