So I watched “The Game” Friday and was thrown off by how, for lack of a better word, random the show has become. I don’t watch it that often so seeing how all the story lines from this season played out was interesting to say the least. And is Principle Greer dating the dude that played Kenny on “Soul Food”? I can’t recall the actual character names. I think Kenny dude is cute. I would so date him if I weren’t taken…..and if he lived in AR. *giggles*
To those that don't watch, I'll give a rundown of the scene I'm referring to. Mel (girl)and Derwin (boy) are about to get married when Derwin gets a call from the chick that is pregnant with his kid. He answers and she tells him that she is in labor with their child. He wants to stay but his bride, Mel, tells him to go to the hospital. Mel ends up waiting at the hospital for the baby to be born and she and Derwin are later married in the hospital chapel.
Anyway, so I’m watching the wedding scene with Mel and Derwin’s dumb tails. Why was this fool at his wedding with his cell phone on (not even on vibrate but full outdoor ringer mode)? WHY did he answer the phone (let alone look to see who was callin)? WHY did he leave that girl at the altar? Yeah, yeah I know his ex was about to berf his baby and yeah yeah I know Mel told him to go but still…..just a mess all over. Both of the characters are idiots that deserve one another…and rightfully so.
Sidenote: Seeing Mel’s mother slap Derwin silly tickled me to pieces.
Anyway, so I’m sitting and watching Mel at the hospital waiting for her almost so close she can taste it husband to come give her the news about the baby. Then I think, could I do that? Could that be me? In two short words, HELL.NO. The birth of a child is an important event, no doubt, but seriously…what would a few more minutes difference have made for them to at least finish the ceremony THEN leave? I would have been more apt to be supportive once I had that ring on my finger and been pronounced man and wife.
To those that watched, what about you guys? If placed in the same predicament, could you? Would you?
Tasha Mack, that's the name …it just came to me!



6 comments:
No Tasha Mack isn't dating him. That's one of her ghetto peoples she calls to handle things. Everybody need one of those people in their life. lol
I wouldn't have gotten that far b/c I would have forgetten about him after he told me his ex was pregnant. But I'm Team Girl Melanie. I'm glad they got married.
i dont know if i could have gotten back w derwin. not after their past. shoot didnt he leave her pentiless?
@Southern, oooo, okay. You see I don't keep up. lol
See I wouldn't either. They had been through way too much crap that I know I couldn't, no wouldn't deal with.
@Patrice, yeah but hey I figure that was on her for relying on him so heavily financially....just my opinion. As a couple, they were just all over the freakin place. I know if that were me, I couldn't deal.
I'm sooooo out the loop, but I couldn't have done what Melanie did. Like you said, the baby would have been there after we got back from the honeymoon....
Yeah, I'm done with the show. I've been watching casually since last season, but this season was just horrible to me.
The nonsense that was "Merwin" was unbearable. Too much back and forth, drama and chaos. Maybe that is some folks reality, but I just can't get with it. Sorry if those actors lose their jobs, but I won't miss the show at all.
ladynay, we could have stopped by on the way to the airport. I wouldn't have been opposed to it. lol
@mrstdj, that was some of THE craziest stuff I have seen on tv in quite sometime. Dare I say it was almost comparable to some Flava of Love reality show mess.
Post a Comment