Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sooo, sooooo, soooooo funkdafied

I am currently sitting in a meeting typing this post on my pda. What? I'm multi-tasking! Anyway, I was so compelled to type this because of an issue I have with one of my co-workers. To put it bluntly, his funky ass stanks!!!! And it's not just any old funk either, it's like old wet rag funk.....sour as hell funk........muskrat love funk........just FUNKY!!!

We have a weekly meeting with he and his team for a project in progress and every week it's the same thing........that stench. I purposely sit at the far end of the conference table away him and everyone else so I can have as much distance as I can. The first week my boss invited me to sit closer, I declined. I told her I enjoy the view from the window on this end of the table....which isn't a total fib.

It's funny, the first time I met him I smelled that smell but just assumed (or hoped) it was something in the room. More recently he came by to introduce me to one of his, well I guess our, colleagues overseas. He shook my hand, as did she, and from that time until the next time I went to the restroom that stinch lingered......ON MY HANDS!!!!!!!! It took me about 15 minutes or so to figure out why and almost fell the phuck out when I realized he tried to pass that mess over to me. FAIL!!!!!! I ran to the restroom and let soap and water cleanse my skin for 10 minutes before I was satisfied that I could not smell it anymore.

BLECH....I just caught another whiff.

Needless to say being trappedin a conference room with him each week for an hour and a half is not my preference, it is however required. :-(

Ya know, it must really suck to be that person that people refer to as 'the one with the odor problem'. I've tossed around the idea of taking some soap and deordorant up to his desk (while he's not around of course) with a note that says, 'please use me'. Okay, that's mean but damn.......it's the truth.

13 comments:

Ladynay said...

Someone has to tell him professionally about his smell. Preferably a manager or supervisor. It's an uncomfortable chat to have but from the way it sounds this is an everyday thing that needs to be dealt with.

AR Gal said...

I agree and yes it is everyday. Thank goodness I don't have to deal with him on a daily basis. And the killer is he's married.....I can't even imagine how she deals.

Anonymous said...

Maybe an anonymous note to HR would work?

Freaky Deaky said...

Eww! I'm shocked that no one has mentioned his odor problem yet. I second what mrstdj said. If not HR then someone who can talk to him without fear of retaliation.

AR Gal said...

TDJ, that's a good idea! Thanks!

Freaky, I'm surprised too. And maybe someone has and I just didn't know it but I doubt it because the scent still lingers.

Anonymous said...

His wife probably smells too! 2 funky azz people.

blkbutterfly said...

Now I'm going to have Da Brat's song stuck in my head... Thanks! :-p And, yes, a professional and persuasive e-mail/letter to HR is in order, post haste!

AR Gal said...

Southern, I thought the same thing.

Blkbutterfly, you're welcome! :D

Aly Cat 121 said...

When I worked for the University of California in Berkeley, we had a dude in the office who smelled HORRIBLY. It finally got to the point where he was eventually pulled to the side about his "odorifious" smell. He got the message. *chuckle*

AR Gal said...

I bet he did! lol

Nerd Girl said...

Is he foreign? We had a professor on campus who stunk to high heaven! I can't remember where exactly he was from, but apparently it wasn't the cultural norm to wear deodorant there and he kept that funky tradition alive in the U.S.! I think I would have to say something, so somebody.

LOL - did you say "muskrat love funk?!?!!?!" Yes you did - and I am rolling!+

AR Gal said...

No ma'am, he is pure d Uh-mer-ee-kan. LMAO!!

Yes I did. Lol!

kisz4tj said...

I don't understand how one grows into adulthood and needs to be introduced to hygiene...nope..don't get it.

So I'mma go out on a limb and say if he is doesn't care about how offensive he is to others..why should you care if he gets offended by offering him some soap and deodorant. Hmph.

Random: I'm tired...and a lil cranky.

Giving you what I got....musically