Tuesday, September 15, 2009

More to Love

So apparently I became a fan of this show without even realizing it. This surprised even me since I usually go for more of the sillier versions of reality dating shows (ie, Flava of Love, I Love NY, etc) although I haven't really tuned in to watch any of those types of shows lately. If you aren't familiar with this show, it's basically The Bachelor with folks that have well, more to love.

I tuned in every week (well not really but whose counting) to see which girl (or two or four) Luke would give the boot to. What?! Let's face it, that's the most exciting part and if you say it's not you're lying to yourself. I never really had a favorite during this process but always found that one lady stood out a little more (read: had the most common sense)than the rest. It is also my humble opinion that she was the most beautiful of the women in the competition.

So tonight was the finale with the remaining two contestants, Tali and Melissa. In the pic above, Tali (3rd from the left on the first row with the long dark hair) is Jewish with a good head on her shoulders. Melissa,the devil in the blue dress (the blond 2nd from the right), is Christian and a little flighty IMO. And she wasn't really devilish, I just could resist. So the ladies meet the fam and it's obvious that the difference in religion with Tali (she's from Israel and Jewish) was a concern for his folks who are 'devout' Christians (which really means they probably only go to church on Easter and Christmas but I digress). After the meet the family trip, surprise visit from his mom and an unnecessary additional 30 minutes for him to contemplate his decision they finally got to the end.

Sidenote: To those that watch, were you at all annoyed at how they zoomed in on that damn pizza at the pool hall when Luke and Melissa were on their date? They would have never tried that if weight was not a factor. I'm just sayin......

Tali won and Luke proposed. Three cheers for the happy couple. Now, let's just see how long this loving union lasts after the promo tour, Hanukkah and Christmas.

Reality love...ain't it grand?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen the show, but your comment on the pizza fires me up a little. I HATE when they do that on TV any time there's a big girl around. They don't do it with men, but I swear every time a big girl is on the screen they show her acting RIDICULOUS around food. Like there's nothing in her head or heart besides chocolate cake. I'm gonna stop before I go all crazy over here.

AR Gal said...

They sure do and it's offensive.

Ladynay said...

Never watched the show but how much you wanna bet they don't get married? I give it about a month before it's over. I give it that much so they can have time to do the big media stuff :-)

Babs said...

I quit watching a while ago but did tune in for the finale. Immediately I thought two things:

#1- This chick ain't just jewish, she's from ISRAEL. She's not converting. It won't work.

#2- He picked the thinnest of the big girls. I'm just syaing...

AR Gal said...

Ladynay, and you know this! Out of all of these shows the only two that I can recall that have survived are Trista and Ryan (and I was surprised by that).

Babs, she was one of the smaller chicks wasn't she? I recall there being one more lady there that was just a wee bit smaller than she is though.

Anonymous said...

Never watched this show. I'm with Babs, she's not converting!

Freaky Deaky said...

I didn't watch the series. I wonder if there will be another one with a big woman looking for love amongst big men?

Do you think Luke will convert to marry her since she more than likely won't? It's probably a moot point since these reality relationships don't tend to last. If there's a reunion show they'll probably be seeing other people.

AR Gal said...

Southern, I doubt if she'll even be around long enough to convert.

Freaky, I get the distinct feeling that if the ratings were high enought there will be with the finalist that wasn't selected.

If they last 6 months I'll be surprised.

Anonymous said...

I watched a few episodes. I'm 99.9% sure they won't make it past the reunion/wrap-up episode. It makes me angry too that whenever a big girl is on, they zoom in on the food that she's eating or get a close-up shot of her putting something in her mouth like she's an animal. Uggh!

Giving you what I got....musically