Friday, June 25, 2010

Do you remember girl?

As a matter of fact, YES I DO! It’s a year later and we all (I guess) miss the legend that is, was and will always be Michael Joseph Jackson. Just like his music, his passing will go down as one of the most memorable events in my lifetime……as will his memorial service.


July 7, 2009. As long as I live I will never forget this date. Okay that’s a lie. I probably will because my brain memory function is about as useful as trying to eat steak with a spork.


Side note: Whoever said that you have to bear children to have ‘mom brain’ was wrong!!!!


So picture it. I’m sitting at work streaming the memorial service while trying to put on a good work front hoping and praying that I could make it through the entire service without anyone disturbing me. Everything was going well. I had the appropriate mix of misty eye and poker face. Then, Paris approached the microphone.


Say it with me: DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!!


Right as she begins to speak who but none other than Sh’Nike approaches my desk. I truly think this is when I began to dislike her. She had just started working in our group and had a question about something or another. I quickly brushed her off by informing her I didn’t know and suggested that she go ask my boss. Yes, unprofessional I know but I really didn’t give a shit. I needed to hear Michael’s spawn speak! What I didn’t realize is that she would go ask her like right then. UGH!!!!


Paris begins her speech and my eyes start to water again. I tried holding back the tears but they just wouldn’t stop flowing. All of the sudden, I hear this loud clomping and see (through the reflection of my privacy screen) that that both Sh’Nike and my boss are headed to my desk. GREEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAT!!! Yeah, Yeah I know I asked for it. I grabbed a Kleenex, dabbed my eyes and bit my tongue to try and make myself stop crying. My boss asked a question and I turned to them with semi-watery eyes. I noticed that they were both looking at me rather strange, as if they wanted to ask if something was wrong but weren’t sure if they should. I sure as shinola wasn’t about to divulge the fact that I was abusing company time multi-tasking while watching the memorial service. I remember our conversation was brief but by that time Paris
was pretty much done.


After they left, I sent my friend that I had been chatting with an IM about what had just transpired. While she laughed at me, I sulked at the fact that I would have to wait for replays to listen to Paris in full. THE HORROR!


Funny thing is I don’t think I ever really knew what Sh’Nike wanted.


And now, of course, for a musical selection. The baddest video mine eyes hath ever seent!



8 comments:

Freaky Deaky said...

So why did the boss have to find you to answer Sh'Nike's question? You ever fantasize about beating her to death with office equipment? You can tell me.

R.I.P. MJ

AR Gal said...

Hell if I know. Probably because she didn't know herself. LOL

I fantasize about a lot of things. I will say you are warm.

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Dang! Right at that moment???? I wouldn't like her ass either. And she went to get the stupidvisor? That's 2 strikes. I have a similiar post and I agree this video is one of the greats.

Nerd Girl said...

Oh GorgeousPuddin where have you been all my life? Why am I just now being made familiar with the oh-so-apt term "stupidvisor?" Bwahahahahahaha.

Okay, fine. You are going to force my hand and make me be all sentimental about MJ. My favorite MJ moment was that time when.....he um....when he moonwalked on that Motown 25th anniversary show! I was (truly) totally blown away.

I really hope he is at peace.

blkbutterfly said...

Remember the Time is my absolute favorite video. nothing will ever compare.

AR Gal said...

GP, YES!! You know what I'm sayin'?! Like you couldn't have thought of this question an hour earlier? I'm convinced she's out to get me.

Stupidvisor....*snorts* I'm filing that one away in my ridictionary! LOL

Nerd Girl, me too...me too.

BlkButterfly, never ever ever!!

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

@ Nerd girl and AR gal. Ya'll are too funny! I started using stupidvisor in 2003 when I was subjected to THE most ignant azz fool to ever lead a team. He got the job because errbody had quit so he became STUPIDVISOR by default then I had the displeasure of being apart of his new team of 4 who all quit leaving me as his last employee. His reign of terror still haunts me. Ridictionary *smile* a must add.

kisz4tj said...

This video was dope...I remember everyone talking about it the next day in high school.

Giving you what I got....musically