Thursday, July 08, 2010

Friends, Romans, countrymen, bloggers lend me your eyes.....................

It's a done deal. I'm getting another car.

Let the official car search phuckery begin.

In the spirit of this journey I'm on let's make this fun. I want any and all car suggestions from you BUT there are a few stipulations.
  • Four door vehicles only
  • No drop tops
  • Price....hmmmmmmmm do I want to limit the price. Yeah I do. Nothing over $20K.
  • No humongous SUV's. Tires on those sap suckas are expensive!
Those are the basics. Once everything is said and done regarding the claim, we are going to try and make this process as quick and painless as possible. I'm ready to get back to my type of normal life.

Oh and if anyone mentions a pre-owned Pinto like Mistah did............................



And now for a musical selection

14 comments:

K. Rock said...

Hate your car got jacked up but at least you get to get another one. I recommend a Honda Accord only because I have had one since I was in high school and it still works (16 years and a refurbished engine later).

Anonymous said...

I will always love Camry's and Accord's. My 94 Camry lasted until 2005, had 189K miles before I got into an accident and it was totaled.

When I started car shopping back in January, I was looking at small SUVs (Ford Escape, Jeep Liberty, etc), but somehow came across a PT Cruiser that I fell in love with. Everyone either loves or hates that car. *lol* I love it!

My only advice? Make sure you love it beyond the newness, cause once those payments kick in? Well, you know how that goes! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I will always be a fan of Honda Accords.

AR Gal said...

I always hear Accords are great cars. Ironically, the rental car I'm in is a Honda Accord. It's nice and all but the V4 engine is killing my soul softly. I'm used to power! LOL

My mom has a late 90's model Camry. It runs pretty well. She's ready to trade up....perhaps I should just buy it from her. LOL

Me and PT Cruisers ain't never gone happen. I got one as a rental once and did not care for it at all. By the time we reached our destination by bum was numb.

Anonymous said...

They got some Hyundais for less than $20K that are HAWT! Lemme research and come back.

AR Gal said...

One of our neighbors has a new Sonata. It's really nice.

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

I hear Altima's are cool too! They are everywhere out here and I like the look of them. Sorry about yours though * moment of silence for the totaled homey*

AR Gal said...

It was a Maxima and I loved it. I wouldn't be opposed having another Nissan.

*pours out a lil liquor during the moment of silence*

Ladynay said...

Looks like I have some back reading to do!

Ladynay said...

*cyber hugs*

Did you take some destress days off?

I am going to go to Church's chicken even though it's a bunch of grease and goes against what I am trying to do with my life because lil man and his song! LOL

Freaky Deaky said...

Hyundai and Kia offers some nice looking vehicles in the price range. What do you think of the various Scions from Toyota? Camry's are damn near immortal as long as they don't get hit. LOL.

I'd say get over the fear of expensive tires and look into small SUVs.

AR Gal said...

I'm working on those days now Ladynay. The process finally caught up with me. How was the chicken? LOL

Freaky, yeah the later model Hyundai's are nice.....not a big fan of Kia's. Thought about a Camry...still not sure yet.

Freaky Deaky said...

What about a Ford Focus? Not sure of the price but I've heard good things about them.

AR Gal said...

Mmmmmm, those are kinda small (for me anyway). I do like the Fusion's but I'm not sure I trust the Ford brand completely.

Whatever it is, it will probably be pre-owned. I have a thing against buying brand new cars. LOL

Giving you what I got....musically