So now I'm considering not accepting the total loss and just getting the thing fixed. My car is a bit older but I like it and it's mine......
shitshoot. If I may be quite honest, I truly have issues with them taking ownership of it and benefiting (from the sale of the vehicle through salvage) from MY loss. I've paid money a good amount of money on it (and still owe just a bit). The more I digest and process my options, the more totaling it seems like I'd just be throwing money out of the window. That along with everything that comes with the car search process is really swaying my thoughts. We did a little parking lot window shopping Monday afternoon and OMG I got SO annoyed with the salesmen. I know they are just doing their job but when I say I'm just looking or I'm not buying a car today, my naive mind really expects them to respect that.
Anyway, the initial conversation with the folks at the repair shop stated that there is no structural damage to the vehicle just cosmetic. Now I just need to have another conversation with them verify that and with the insurance folks (both theirs and mind) about some other odds and ends. *sigh*
Emma just came to give me a kiss on the arm. I guess she senses my stress level is high and/or that I need to get some rest.
The journey continues...................................................
5 comments:
I'm sure you'll make the right decision for yourself. If the damage is just cosmetic, then going for the repair may not be a good idea. But if it turns out the damage is more than that, I'd hate for you to be rollin with a potential half-azz repair job and put your safety in jeopardy.
Sorry lady! It's sometimes such a fine line. I kept one totaled car and salvage titled another through the insurance company. Good luck in making the best decision!
Good luck with your decision!
I have a dislike for all insurance companies!
Is getting a used model of similar make out of the question? To a car salesman you're like a dead carcass to a vulture or an impressionable girl to a horny teenage boy. They gotta try to sell you. Try glaring at them. It usually works for me. :o)
Awww, Emma! Get those brownie points.
Try to take a few days off from the whole process if you can. Stress ain't no joke.
It's a done deal kids. I'm getting another car.
Post a Comment