Monday, August 20, 2007

Adventures in Bowling and Late Night Eating



If you got a chance to read my post Saturday then you know that I went bowling that night. Pulling into the parking lot, we didn't think we would even be able to get a lane because the parking lot was almost full. Most of the crowd was because of a few birthday parties that were in the process of wrapping up. After waiting about 10 minutes we got a lane and got ta bowlin. I started off strong and had high hopes of showing Z up, ha! My hopes faired a lot better than my bowling arm cause this was the worst I've ever bowled, lol. I didn't get over 100 even with knocking a couple of strikes within one game. I think my highest score was 95, ha ha ha. 8 games and 3 balls later and I was dunzo! My fingers were were hurtin, my back was hurtin, and I was almost certain that my thighs would soon be giving me something to talk about shortly after so I called it quits. Z bowled a few more games by himself and then we were done.....and hungry.
It was close to midnight by the time we left so we headed to pretty much the only place that's open if you have the munchies.....Taco Hell. Normally that place is bumper to bumper with people, but we got in and out the drive through pretty quick. I should have known something was up then. So we get home and while I'm poppin a couple of Excedrin in my mouth I hear Z say that our order was not right. Say what?! I get on the phone, call the people to let them know I am the way back up there and grab the bag, receipt, my purse and leave. I get there and there is a truck right by the door to the dining room. He sees me and asks if they messed my order up too, I just shake my head and kind of smile while I grab for the door. Tell me why this thing is locked? I saw this lady in there cleaning up and she came over to open the door and said "Oh I bet we mixed your food up with his". ya think??!! So I walk over to the counter, she takes the bag , and goes to the back. I'm thinking that she is going to help re-do my order. She comes back with the bag and the receipt in her hand talking about, "She said since the dining room is closed you will have to get back in the drive through for us to fix it".
Now up until that point, I was trying to remain calm because I know me and when I get pissed it is not pretty. So after hearing her say that I haul off and ask " Who is she, cause she needs to come here so we can have a talk". She says it's her manager and then walks the hell off and continues cleaning. Seriously....for real.....okay. Then I notice that her husband/boyfriend/whatever are sitting in the dining room waiting on her to finish so they can all go home. After I stood there for about 5 seconds, I screamed out "HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!" and the lady working the drive-thru came over. I said now look I don't know which one of ya'll is the manager right now and personally at this point I really don't care all I know is that this one back here is telling me that I need to get back in the drive through for YOU to fix YOU'RE mistake and ma'am I just have to let you know that.ain't.gonna.happen. She starts apologizing and telling me that they have a new person and he had made a mistake. I said that's fine shit happens but whichever one of ya'll is the manager needs to talk with this one cause her people skills suck. She asked if we were charged the right price and all that jazz and took the bag back for them to re-make. You better believe that I watched them like a hawk as they made it too. lol I didn't eat half of it when I got home though, I had suddenly lost my appetite....go figure.

6 comments:

Freaky Deaky said...

I haven't been bowling in forever. I'll have to give it another try one of these days.

It seems like fast food and customer service jobs are given out to pretty much anyone with a pulse. I don't blame you for watching them either. There are some nasty people in the world.

AR Gal said...

Freaky you should go try and bowl a few games it was fun.

I can sympathize with folks working crappy jobs...hell I've had a plenty, but how you gone tell me to go back outside and wait when I'm already in here. Honey please! lol

Tasha said...

Girl, I don't blame you for watching them make your food. I would have demanded a partial refund also because of their shatty attitude.

Anonymous said...

Good thing you watched them, lmao!

AR Gal said...

Hey Tasha! You would think they would have offered it but then again....I shouldn't have expected much considering what I was dealing with.

Hey Black Mamba! Girl you got to...folks be tryin to retaliate! lol

Ladynay said...

Girlllllllll after all that, just ask for your money back!

I used to work fast food and that is nooooooooooooo reason to act stupid or catch an attitude!

Giving you what I got....musically