Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Not So Smooth Criminal

I swear I'm surrounded by rebels against the law. First, the AI reject (see below) and now this (and lawd knows who else). One of my old co-workers sent me an email today about a case of identity theft that happened to one of her friends.

A couple a weeks ago, the friend noticed a charge on her bank account from Jacque Pennae'(that's JC Penney for all you civilized folks)to the tune of about $300 that neither she or her hubby made. So they call the store, but only found out that it was an online purchase and it would take about 24 hours for them to find out more info. The next day comes and they still don't find out much but the case is turned over to the Loss Prevention Department. That same day, her co-worker noticed a charge to the tune of about $200 from an online perfume company. So the co-worker calls the company and they discover the charge is fradulent and cancel the order. The next day, JC Penney calls the friend and tells them that the order is being shipped to the home address of the owner of a local italian restaurant. The friend has not been to this restaurant in years. So she and the co-worker go through the process of elimination based on the restaurants they've frequented. They come to the conclusion that the cc#'s were obtained from a certain mexican spot only because they know the owner of the italian restaurant also owns the mexican spot and his daughter runs the place.

So the police and their bank gets involved. They give 5-0 the okay to go with the FedEx delivery person and arrest who receives the goods. That planned backfires as the only people home are the babysitter and a little kid. So the police goes to the italian restaurant, to try and locate the owner.

Sidebar:I have passed this restaurant a number of times and have never gone in. Why? Cause it looks like a roach or rat would instantly go to war with my big toe the minute I walked in. It looks just that yucky from the outside. I've often heard that the food is good, too bad I will never know cause ya girl ain't settin foot inside of that place.

Back to the story. So 5-0 is at the italian restaurant questioning people. This place is owned and operated by hispanics. How about every single last worker in there starts acting like they can't speaka no englaise?! lol lol lol Come on now. Ya'll are making this money, have been running this restaurant for years, and noone speaks a lick. I don't believe it, ya'll need more people...STAT!!! So the police give them a couple of days to provide a confession. Think they didn't?! The next day, the NIECE of the owner comes forward and admits to stealing the card numbers from the mexican spot. Ain't that a blip! The niece. So now, she is potentially going to ruin her families business all because she didn't want to save up her tips to buy the stuff with her own do-rei-me. Girl please....LOCK HER UP!

With all that said, just be careful. I don't know what is up with this "what's mine is yours" mentality with identity theft. All I know is, they better not step to this, cause I will shank a bitch over my money.

All this thievery has made me think of something I heard on the Steve Harvey morning show today. They were discussing a story about a lady that had reported her pool stolen. It was one of those big "pop-up" pools. According to the woman, there wasn't even a trace of the water they would have had to let out of the pool to steal it. Steve said he thinks she's lying and is just trying to get a new pool. lol So now the lady said in order to safeguard her remaining valuables in her yard, she has chained everything in her backyard to her house.......including her grill. SHUT UP! lol lol lol

Alright, I'm done. Have a good one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had my credit card stolen before...tried to get about $5g's worth of stuff right in the middle of my buying a house. I was PISSED. I ripped the credit card company a new one because not only had I NEVER used the card, it was locked in my closet, but I told them flat out someone within THEIR company stole the goddamn number and was using it online. Then they had the nerve to say they thought it might be fraudulent, but let it go through anyway. Really now... So I made them eat that chunk of change, then I called the stores that I supposedly purchased from and told them the orders were from a stolen card. I also closed my card and told the card company to never contact me again, and what'd they do??? They closed my card and re-issued me one... bastards. So I called them up and cancelled all of them and told them NOT to send me a knew one. Idiots.
It sucks having your identity and your money stolen...but it was interesting figuring out what exactly I had supposedly bought.

AR Gal said...

Aww man, they tried to get over on you through an inside job. That's jacked up! I've been lucky enough not to have it happen to me.

Anonymous said...

**knocking on wood** Hope my identify is never stolen. I've heard some horror stories and it's hard getting that mess off your credit report. Something needs to be done about that.

Ladynay said...

I could have sworn I stopped by yesterday! Hmph!

I've had my purse stolen before. Fortunately for me I only had a $20 bill and a 40 buck balance on my then credit card. The person that took it went up to the Food lion up the street and apparently tried to get over 40 bucks of stuff because my card declined 4 times! LOL

It's a shame folks don't want to earn their stuff the right way!

The Detective said...

I fear having this happen to me but the thief would be greatly disappointed and wouldn't get a damn thing...because why....my student loans are a mutha.

Now you know you need to spill the tea on the restaurant so I can alert my mom and friends in the area...you can email me if you want.

Giving you what I got....musically