Last night when I got home, I laid in the bed to chill out after work before I took the dogs walking. My chillaxin last 3 1/2 hours as I dozed off to sleep. Noone went walking.
While going to lunch the other day, I spotted a homeless man in a wheelchair. How did he get that?
I was listening to one of the local radio stations this morning talking about homeless folks around town. One of the DJ's mentioned a story when he was living in the Raleigh/Durham, NC area that about this homeless guy that used to beg(read harass) people for money at a major mall. A local newstation decided to follow the guy one day. Turns out he lived in a three story house in a gated subdivision and drove a Mercedes Benz. GAH! *Note to self.......find a new line of work*
There's a lot of roadkill on the streets, highways, and bi-ways in Central AR. Namely, deer, 'coons, turtles, and possums.
I saw a dog walking against traffic on I-40 on the way home last week. I hope he didn't become a part of the aforementioned club above.
The Home Depot commercial where the woman is talking to her husband about redecorating and calls the wall color o-ker drives.me.insane! What the hell is o-ker??!! I'm southern so it took me a time or two of watching it to realize she was actually talking about O-kra! Booooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
Updated: Freaky D has shown me the error of ways and corrected me. The lady in the commercial is saying ochre not okra and it is an actual color. Who knew?? Apparently not me! lol
This weather sucks major tittayballs. Hot, cold, hot, cold, hot, cold...... Gotta love global warming.
I saw a lady with short shorts, Nike sandals, and a coat on yesterday evening. It was in the 50's. *blank stare*
I've been eating a lot of salad for dinner lately. Namely baby spinach leaf salad with a boiled egg, a dash of grated parmesan cheese, and an olive oil vinegarette (sp???). It's really good (to me anyway), try it for yourself.
I absolutely can't stand the song "No One" by Alicia Keys but I like "Like You'll Never See Me Again". It's a good cold weather song. lol I heard some of the songs off of her latest album. It's not too bad. I suppose I'll go pick it up tomorrow.
I bought a Rick James greatest hits cd the other day and just love it. Say what you want about him, his music is timeless.
If it weren't for Monica and William, "Girlfriends" would totally suck!! I loved her reference to her "Ms. Kitty" and it being a show cat! Hilarious!
My guilty pleasure is "The Hills". Those kideos are funny.
My mother is taking all the fam to New York City next week for Thanksgiving. I had to respectfully decline as I'm trying to save money for my new car.
Z (and many others) said I'm a silly goose and should have gone. He doesn't understand why I worry about money so much (ummm cause I like it a lot) since it's the two of us. He wants to take me out of town next weekend to make me feel better. We do actually both need a break from this place. We'll see............
We are going shopping for Turkey Day this weekend......oh the joy!! *rolls eyes* I'm thinking maybe midnight would be a good time to go to avoid the annoying crowds.
I have a love/hate relationship with pushing the clocks back an hour. Love the sleep, hate the loss of daylight.
I'm glad that we have a gas fireplace. See previous post for details why. :-)
My mother does not understand why I no longer like Christmas shopping. Please reference annoying crowds above and add a dash of horrific traffic.
I will never understand why people allow their children to be adequately dressed when it's cold yet they are fully covered.
Several people in town have had their Christmas lights up and on already for a couple of weeks. Is it too much to ask to let Thanksgiving pass first??!! Good Grief!!!
Emma's clothing selection is growing. She may have to have her own closet before long if I don't stop. lol
I try finding things for Cochise but he is just so big. Why don't they think about the big dogs when they make this stuff?? Z says it's all good though....Cochise is a man's dog and doesn't need all the bells and whistles. I beg to differ....I'm on a mission.
Why did I just look down and see a pair of my underwear in Emma's bed??!! LMAO She must have stolen them while I was showering. *steals draws back to put in clothes hamper*
I love my family.
They love me.
I love my friends (who are actually like part of my family).
They love me.
I love my dogs.
They love me.
I love my man.
He loves me.
The End.



6 comments:
AR Gal!
I am so in agreement about Girlfriends - WTF?! They should NEVA let Golden Brooks write another episode. Give Sista from Sparkle back her damn acting. All that crawling on the floor. When do Drs. give you speed for losing a baby! Maybe her dr is freaking Dr. JAN!
I like my gas fireplace as well - but with gas the way it is, I think we'll just get an electric blanket.
I ams till marveled that I'm dead tired cause it's dark and it's only 6:30! I got like hours to go before bedtime.
I'm not impressed with any of this new Alicia Keys but I see so much of my child in her that I might support her based on that, lol
This was a great read!
Pamalicious
www.pamalicious.com
Hey Pam!! Thanks!! Golden Brooks is just a mess to me period but that's a whole 'nother story for a whole 'nother day. lol
They did a similar story on homeless people in Detroit. One dude claiming to be homeless was a doctor I think. If I had a little less shame I'd go out begging myself. Although I hear homeless people can be fiercely defensive of their preferred begging spots.
Ochre or ochre depending on one's preferred spelling is a yellowish brown (honey brown) color. I still play with crayons. LOL
I'm tired of the weather too. I'd be happy with historically normal temps instead of the schizo stuff we seem to get now. Anyone who still doesn't believe in global warming should be frozen to death and then set on fire.
Have a good weekend.
I'm use to swiveling away from roadkill. Even though it's dead I still don't want to run over it.
This weather is out of hand. I'm starting to believe we won't have a fall/winter this year.
You said your mother is TAKING the fam. When you said taking I'm thinking she's paying the way to get there. Like if someone says they taking me out to dinner, I'm assuming he/she is paying.
I LOVE salads. I like using spinach in unique ways. I have this one salad I made up it contains: baby spinach, pepper jack cheese, caesar-flavored almonds, and honey dijon mustard(the steakhouse kind).
Thanks for educating me Freaky! You have a good weekend too!
Yep Southern, in this case taking equals paying the way. :-)
Hey Shai! I'll have to remember to try that sans the pepper-jack. For whatever reason I have never liked it and I LOVE cheese! Go figure....
Post a Comment