Sunday, January 25, 2009

Free Stuff


So I ventured out to Dillard's Friday to take advantage of the giveaways due to the cosmetics settlement. I took a shot first at the mall closest to my job, found the table, signed a named to a sheet of paper, looked at some jewelry on clearance and then a thought crossed my mind. Instead of wasting time here, I can zoom on over to the other mall and take a shot to see if they had any stuff left there. I figured it was a win-win situation because even if they had run out, Chick-fil-a was right across the street and I could get my nuggets and waffle fries (w/Polynesian sauce). *swoons*

It turns out I was in luck because they had plenty left to give away. There were two ladies working the table at this mall and the older of the two informed some of us in line that we could come back through if we wanted. All we had to do was wait about 5 minutes or so. Word?! Thank goodness the line wasn't long because I would have reconsidered waiting. In between, I would dart over into jewelry look (very briefly) and get back in line. I ended up going through 3 times so I could have two of each thing (Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair & Clinique Moisture Surge) they were giving away.

While waiting in line the last time, this lady came up and asked what we were waiting for. This guy (he was in line with his wife) and I told her about it. So then she asked what signing our name represents. I told her I have no idea but if she was concerned, just don't sign her real name, I didn't. Notice earlier when I went the first time, I said I signed a name. Truth be told it was kinda fun making up new names to write down. lol Anyway, so she goes on to say she still wasn't sure if she should do it. Ummmmm, mkay makes me no difference. I just told her I understand, smiled, turned away, got the last of my free ish and went on my way.

Needless to say, I'm pleased with the outcome. I got tons of free stuff and had Chick-fil-a for lunch. You can't beat that with a wooden stick!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for free stuff! I heard about that settlement on the news early last week I believe. Glad you got to clean up from it. LOL.

Did they have anything for males?

AR Gal said...

I don't think they did. Well at least the list of stuff they had on the website didn't look like anything of the male persuasion. That's unfortunate, cause ya'll could have racked up as well! Oh well, at least millions of women will be looking be looking and smelling better thanks to this. lol

Anonymous said...

Discrimination! Where's Al Sharpton when you need him? Oh not enough money and publicity involved for him to show up? Never mind.

Enjoy the look goods & smell goods.

Anonymous said...

I'm mad I missed it! :(

AR Gal said...

@ Freaky, Definitely not enough money involved for Al. However, if someone had offered a no lye relaxer I think he may have taken the bait. lol

Southern, I'm sad you missed it too! I would offer you some of the unused ones but I'm selfish. :( :)

Giving you what I got....musically