Sunday, January 18, 2009

Woman, thou art mad

For those of you not in the know, you can watch movies online for free. Not just any old movie, even though those are available as well, but new releases. Surf the channel (STC) has been locked in my favorites since a friend hipped me to it about a year or so ago. After growing tired of channel surfing and having nothing else to do this morning, I decided to boot up the laptop and see what new releases I could find online. Most times it's pretty much hit or miss if you will be able to view the movie. Sometimes you have to download stuff to watch and I'm not down with that so I just wait it out until a better online version comes along (ie when I remember to go back or wait until it comes out on cable if it is something I've deemed unworthy to view @ the theater.
Anyway, so I'm surfing through the list of films and see "Bride Wars" which is something I want to see but on my unworthy to view @ the theater list. I click the link and lo and behold, the movie starts playing. SCORE!!

The quality is sucky but it was clear enough for me to watch and not complain about so I stuck with it. So I'm watching and clipping coupons to go grocery shopping later today...WHAT? I know how to seize a multi-task opportunity! Like I said, I'm watching and laughing here and there when the movie just stops. I touch the mouse pad thinking too much time had passed and the laptop has gone to sleep. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....no. The message on the screen informs me of the following:

You have watched 72 minutes of video today. Please wait 54 minutes or click here to enjoy unlimited use of Megavideo

My face has the most screwy look on it but all I can do is crack up laughing like a mad woman. It was kinda scary...like for real. LMAO!!! This has never happened to me before so I'm kinda like in shock. You wanna know the killer though? When I last looked at the time left in the movie it was at 1:11 out of 1:23. Yes you read that right, there was only 12 minutes left in the damn movie and most of that was probably credits!! Bwahahahahahahahahaha

*sigh* I guess I'll finish clipping my coupons, making my list, and going to the grocery store. That will take up 54 plus minutes so I can finish watching the movie. Hey what can I say? I like to finish what I start.....most of the time. lol

UPDATED: I don't want to confuse anyone with what STC actually does. It pretty much is a vessel that shows all the movies that are available online to see. Once you click the movie name it takes you to a different page which gives you a choice of different links which lead to different websites. One of those sites is Megavideo which, as you know by now, has a time limit (72 minutes at a time, lol). I would suggest trying other links to view movies with so you won't be rudely interrupted during your movie watching experience like I was.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BWAHAHAHAHA! That's messed up but funny. I'll have to bookmark it with a couple of other sites people have told me about. I kind of hope what happened to you was a fluke though. If not I'm going to need someone's e-mail because they'll need to replace a monitor or something.

AR Gal said...

It is funny, so I'm okay with you laughing at my expense...this time. just kidding.

The ending was really predictable but I wanted to see and I did...YAY!! Next time I will know when STC routes me to megavideo that I better find a movie that lasts only 74 minutes. lol

Ladynay said...

Guess you'll be only watching movies that are 72 minutes or less from that site huh? LOL!

AR Gal said...

Naw, I'm just going to try a different route to view them. Where there's a will there's a way! LMAO!!

Giving you what I got....musically