GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!
Mkay, now that I have that out of the way, this is hands down the BEST movie I have seen in quite some time. It has all the right ingredients and is worth the money (matinee, regular price, or bootleg) to watch. I would recommend that you go check it out on the big screen first though to get the full effect. I'll be totally honest in saying that I wasn't that thrilled to go and see this. Whenever I hear Nicolas Cage's name, I automatically think thriller "fluff". This movie is anything but that. The special effects are KILLER!! Whoever was responsible deserves an Oscar. There are several disaster scenes in the movie that are so realistic that it has me over here, even as I type this, considering not ever flying again. One scene actually had me in tears.....carazy!!! I know...I'm such a punk! I told Z that never until today, not even after 9/11, has something truly shook me to the core like that did. But then I realized it's because you only hear about what happens after the fact. You don't have a birds eye and actually see the events in real time to know how it all goes down. Yeah I know we all saw the events of 9/11 as they transpired but I wasn't physically there. This movie made me feel as though I was and put it into perspective for me. I could go on and on about it but I'm pretty certain you would at least like to know what the movie is about. lol
Without giving too much away, the movie starts back in '59 with the sealing of a time capsule at a school. Enclosed in the capsule, along with mainly drawings, is a sheet of paper with random sequences of numbers written by a young girl that was contacted by the "whisper" people. Fastforward to 50 years later when the capsule is opened. The son of the character played by N.Cage, receives the envelope that contains the number paper. The whisper people contact him, as well as many others as we found out later in the movie. The dad takes the paper one night and partially decodes it realizing that the number sequences are the dates and number of people that die (and eventually the latitude and longitude) during the tragic events that have happened and are to happen in theincluding the extinction of Earth. The movie pretty much revolves around the dates and the dad trying to figure out what the whisper people want with his kid.
Overall, the story is well written and all the actors did a very good job of portraying their characters. I have nothing bad to say about this film but I will say everyone will not like it. One lady got up, walked out, and never came back. I heard the people behind us comment as we were all leaving that it was too wierd. Ehhh, that's their opinion but hey....I think they wierd for thinking it's wierd but whatever. lol
AR Gal rating: GO SEE THIS MOVIE



3 comments:
i didnt read your review.. This weekend i promise not glue myself to the machine. lol
OK, OK, I may have to check this out the next time I have go to the movies without Pooka time.
@SP, that's okay...just go see the movie! lol
Ladynay, please do. :)
Post a Comment