Yesterday Z and I went to sit and visit with Mr. B and his sister (click here to find out why). We had probably been there the better part of 30 or 40 minutes when the doorbell rings with more company stopping by to pay their respects. This guy comes in with his two daughters. He introduces himself and his kids, they sit down, and we continue to talk. Mr. B was telling us a story about when he used to live in CA and drove down to AR with some friends of his. He had us rolling laughing, it was hilarious. lol Then, he (the guest) did it. He started the interrogation. What's that you ask? The interrogation that always starts with that oh so "innocent" question......."So what church do you go to?". *RMERHTTWMS* (rolling my eyes real hard 'til the white meat shows". I knew as soon as he fixed his mouth to ask where that convo was headed and released a deep sigh as a warning signal to let his ass know I wasn't in the mood.
If there's one thing I absolutely CANNOT stand is churchfolk. And not just any ole' churchgoer. The kind that feels that their life's work is to make you their hoe and them the captain to help save you from the "unholy" and "unchristianlike" life they think you are leading by not going to church or by practicing another faith other than christianity. REALLY? GTFOH!
Anyway, so it started with that question and he kept on and on and on. Especially after Z told him he was of Sooni-Muslim faith and I told him I was non-denominational. Oh goodness no...not that! You would have thought the man said he worshipped satan and he pretty much implied that I did because being non-denominational now means that you don't believe in God. REALLY? I say again GTFOHWTHBS!!!! After about 20 minutes (too long) of his ass being way more than too nosey, he and Z going back and forth about their different faiths (read dude trying to tell Z what he believed was wrong), and me seeing Mr. B give ole' boy the side-eye no less than 3 times I put a stop to it all.
Me: "Excuse me Mr. ....what's your name again?
Mistah: Mr. S
Me: Mr. S, with all due respect, this is neither the time NOR the place for this conversation. We are all here, or are supposed to be here, for one reason and one reason only...to visit with Mr. B. and Grace and support them right now NOT to have a come to Jesus meeting. Now if it's not too terribly hard for you, would you mind keeping your questions and/or comments regarding the way WE (pointing and Z and myself) live our lives to yourself. Thanks.
Mistah: Oh sister
Me: I ain't ya sister
Mistah: Oh, *sarcastic chuckle* well Ms. I meant no harm I was just trying to get to know you and your...is it your husband or boyfriend.
Me: *taking a deep breath with a smirk on my face* He is my boyfriend (I had to REALLY resist the urge to say "AND??", lmao)but I can see where this is going and I will not entertain you any longer, just know people like you are the reason why I no longer participate in organized religion.
Just then the doorbell rings (such impeccable timing) and in walks his wife. She came in and introduced herself and I personally felt that I was our que to mosey on up out of that joint. We said our goodbyes and do you know this dude tried to actually hug me?? AS IF?! I extended my hand to shake his, told his ass bye and went over to hug Mr. B and Grace.
Needless, to say Z and I heard great conversation about Captain Save a Soul when we returned home. At first I was a little remorseful about saying what I said in front of his kids. Then I wasn't and got over it. I'm sure this dude does this all of the time so this is something they are used to. I kinda feel sorry for them because their daddy is dumb as a box of rocks.
Today, after returning from grocery shopping, Mr. B called and asked if could he come over. Once he arrived, he told us he had come to apologize for the way ole boy treated us. Hmmmm, seems I read those side-eyes correctly. lol He also said that he did another one of his guests that came to visit later that evening the exact same way! Really? Dude needs to be bitch slapped with his bible....like for real. Of course we told Mr. B that there was no need for him to apologize. It's not his fault his church fam is an idiot. I did apologize to Mr. B, I had actually planned on calling him today when I returned home, for overstepping my bounds in his home. He told me there was no need for my apology because he would have done the same thing. lol I heart him. Mr. B said the next time he is over there and tries that he will put a stop to himself because it is extremely rude and disrepectful to him and to his guests. I concur!!! Go Mr. B!! I'd pay to be a fly on that wall when that happens. lol
I'm just glad I finally opened my mouth to voice my opinion. Granted I may have been in the wrong with my timing but I was beyond sick and tired of his useless drivel. There have been SO many times when I would just let something like that slide because of the "respect your elders" clause but you know what...I just don't care anymore. I was so put off by his bitchassedness (with his six car garage that has no cars in it because they all sit outside....yeah he's a strange one...or a big fat liar) and the fact that he put respect by the wayside for the sake of his own agenda. Over the years, I've found myself becoming more and more disgusted by people like him. It's obvious they lack the basics of hometraining and common sense. I love my life and the way I live it. It works for me. I don't need your stamp of approval nor do I need your advice on ways to live a "better" life. Please believe if and when I need your opinion, I will ask. Until then, kick rocks and kiss my ass.



10 comments:
Exactly! All that talk still had no impact on me...well I take that back. It just certified that I really despise people like him.
People like that make my skin crawl.
Snakes usually have that effect on people. lol
Girl I've had a few "run-ins" with folk like that. One lady who worked at the hair shop I used to go to stopped helping out there after I had her azz stuttering. Like you I typically don't say anything and let folks talk. But when folks direct that sh*t towards me "the Spirit rise in me" and I hit'em with a bitter tongue. LOL
And wouldn't you know, I've ALWAYS found that those kind of folks who try and beat others over the head with Jesus, are usually the ones who were either, crack hoes, alcoholics, adulterers, thieves, etc. Thus far, I haven't been wrong yet. So of course you thanking Jesus from getting you off the hoe stroll and for helping you put down the crack pipe. I would be too.
I can't deal with folk like that. I'm glad you spoke up.
Aly, you have got me over here hollerin!!! lol Now that you mention it, dude did have that pimp look down to a science. lol
Labellanoire, me too! :)
Alot of people like to hear themselves speak/preach. Im soo mad at myself that I knew what your acronyms meant!
I've been back and forth with people like that. I used to hold my tongue then I became rather militant about expressing my non-belief (well until I realized people on the other side can be just as bad and annoying and take things too far as well). Now, I kind of practice live and let live. Believe (or not) whatever you want to but don't try to force it on me. Do that and we're cool, otherwise we'll have words.
Then again I might just as likely make up a horrible religion and try to proselytize him if I was bored enough. LOL.
You handled yourself rather nicely. Of course that means my influence on you is weak. :o( LOL!
Happy St. Patrick's Day! *pinch*
There is a time and place for talking to people about what you think and believe in and while you are showing respect to someone who just lost a loved one isn't it! *smh*
wait----
***support them right now NOT to have a come to Jesus meeting.***
I heard that!
I mean come on now, whatever happened to knowing when to shut the hell up. That clearly wasn't the place for all that. Geez.
Post a Comment