Monday, March 30, 2009

A little bit of this...a little bit of that

  • I saved $12.05 with the help of coupons at the grocery store yesterday. I am shooting for $15 next time. There are a lot of great websites that help. I came upon this one last week and it was really helpful. They sometimes have posts dedicated to free stuff that you can get online. It usually just requires you filling out a brief questionnaire and your address info for you to receive your free sample/stuff/whatever.
  • I really hate that Memphis State (or U of M for all you newbie’s) didn’t make it to the NCAA final two again this year.
  • Just when I get all of my fingernails to the almost perfect length, a couple of them break. UGH!!!
  • I watched bits and pieces of “Sex in the City” (the movie) 3 times this weekend. Between those 3 times, I was able to see the entire movie…just not all at one time. The first hour of it is the best IMO.
  • My mom is coming to visit Easter weekend. She doesn’t want me cooking a lot of food just because of her visit. I let her know that wouldn’t be a problem. Lol
  • I think I may make a pot roast (or get mama to make it…shut it) or just go out to eat that weekend.
  • My mom loves to snack on the following food combos: chips and dip, chips and burnt (yes burnt) popcorn, or burnt popcorn. I’ll have to remind her to try to not to burn it while she is visiting as I cannot stand that smell. I ironically have all of these items at the house right now. I guess I got it from my mama.
  • I need to run and get my niece a b-day card today so I can throw some cash in it and send it off so it makes it to Memphis in time. I’m not really a fan of looking for gifts for special occasions (I will however pick something up if the price is right and I think it’s a good fit for the person). I’d rather give you money to get what you want.
  • She will be 15 Thursday. Wow. She was just 2…..*smh*
  • I still remember being 15 like it was yesterday. Where did the time (and my youth) go?
  • I saw a preview for a movie on tv this weekend about a man that reverts back to his 17 year self (in looks only). I could go for that. I’ve learned a lot since I was 17 (plus my tummy was flatter back then, lol).
  • I need to do some crunches.
  • I think the DVD player in the den is broken.
  • Where the hell am I supposed to do Tae-Bo at now? There’s not enough room in the bedroom.
  • I don’t know why I’m worried, it’s not like I did it last week. I stuck to walking or vegging out on the couch.
  • I guess we can just move the one in the bedroom to the den if it is broken. It’s not like we use that one much anyway.
  • I had to get new rotors and brake pads on the car this weekend. It’s been the best $234 I’ve spent this year. That wobbly steering wheel was starting to irk the shit outta me.
  • If your steering wheel vibrates (vigorously) when you press down on your brakes, you probably need some too. Lol
  • I got to Mid-ass early Saturday morning so I could get in and out. After waiting 45 minutes for them to show up, I left and went to another place I always forget about.
  • I’m going to start going to them all the time for car maintenance. Their cheaper and quicker!
  • How did I forget about them again?????
  • I’m already ready for Friday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still say Memphis St and always will.

I love snacking on chips and dip. I'on know about the burnt popcorn Mama ArGal.

I've been lookin for my Tae Bo dvd but can't find it. Guess that means I didn't need to do it anyway. lol

AR Gal said...

OKAY!!!

I have a love/hate relationship with Billy. lol

Anonymous said...

i rarely use coupons. rarely. hell by time i remember they've expired.

ewww @ burnt popcorn

we just got new tires .. so expensive

Ladynay said...

COUPONS, saving money esp. on food is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO up my alley!

Burnt popcorn? Really? I can't stand the smell of burnt popcorn but love the smell of perfectly popped popcorn with butter....mmmmmmmm

It made me smile thinking about how I drove the hell out my old Buick before I got the rotors replaced. My cousin changed them for me and in comparing the new ones I brought to what he took off my car I am suprised they didn't fall apart while I was on the road! LOL! Talking about WARPED!

Exercise, yeah, I was supposed to do that tonight...Oh well!

AR Gal said...

@ SP, I can't say I love clipping them but I do love saving money. I'm trying to think of it as a game...yeah that's it. lol

The smell and the taste are so gross!

New tires...UGH! I suspect that will be the next major purchase for Desperado....unless something else comes up. *knocks on wood*

@Ladynay, OKAY!!!

I don't know where my mama got her obsession with that burnt mess from. Just strange. I guess I got it honestly. lol

I still haven't fiddled with the DVD player to see if it will work or not. lol

Giving you what I got....musically