My b-day weekend was fun!
Hung out with the girls Saturday… No one remembered to bring a camera. Oh well
The jury is still out on me and sushi. One kind I liked and the other was just well….nasty.
Ladynay, they didn’t have the brown rice sushi roll you recommended. :(
I’ll probably give it another go sometime in the (distant) future.
We then went down to another spot so we could, as my friend put it ‘really eat’. LMAO
FYI for anyone in the central AR area. The caribbean jerk and whiskey honey wings at Big Whiskey’s in the River Market are soooooooooooooooooo good!!!!
I got lots of calls on my b-day, cards, and cash (the people that love me really know my heart).
I got a new laptop for my b-day compliments of me and Z! He went half on an e-baby with me…awwwwwwwwwwwwww!
I didn’t get my cupcakes….boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
I did however get an all chocolate cake…yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!! We didn't eat it all. I brought the rest to work so these leeches could take care of that.
He said he couldn’t find any specifically how I requested. All chocolate (icing and all).
Translation: he waited until the last damn minute to try and get some.
We went out to eat and came home to chill out for the rest of the day.
Family reunion (on my dad’s side) is this weekend.
I haven’t seen most of these people in years (haven't met some of them at all) and honestly wouldn’t know them if I did.
I have vague memories of the last reunion I went to when I was about 6 or 7. It was in the country in MS somewhere. I think I had fun. Lol I was little so I’m sure I probably did.
I really don’t have any expectation other than getting to know the other side of my family a bit better. The only people we truly associated with are all dead now with the exception of my grandmother’s remaining living sister who now lives in TX with her kids.
I need to make sure I have something to sit under during the picnic. Side effect of lupus = little or no sunlight exposure. I feel like a vampire. They should cast me on ‘True Blood’.
I bet my mama is going to try and get me to take her down to the casino. I just may take her up on it. I’ll take my winnings in cash, no check please and thank you!
I’m sure I’ll be ready to go after a couple of hours. That’s about how long it usually takes my attention and $20 I take to dwindle down. WHAT? I am not going to hand over my all my hard earned money all willy nilly to those folks! If I win $50, I’m doing it big!!
I took yesterday and Friday off this week. 3 day work week beeshes!!!!
If only they could all be like that.
I made chicken alfredo last night and threw in some homemade pico de gallo that was gifted. OMG, it was soooooooooooo good!!!
I think I may just have to swallow my words and get a FB account. I KNOW!! Shocker!!! I do believe my mama has one and that just ain’t kosher to have her out doing me! I’ll let ya’ll know if I decide to take a walk on the wild side.
I still can't believe iniquitous 1 (aka Nikki Indigo) has passed away. Thoughts of her and her work have lingered on my mind since reading the news. I was mainly a lurker on her blog but the power of her words always left an impression with me.
Ok, this post has suddenly become too damn long. What the hell is going on with ya’ll?



12 comments:
Happy Birthday! I wish I knew how to mail cupcakes so that they could arrive still looking like cupcakes and not smushed messes - I would have sent you some for sure. Every girl deserves a birthday cupcake!!
No brown rice sushi? Booooooooooooooo!
I wish I knew you wanted some st8 up chocolate cupcakes, as many folks make and send them out as a side hustle I would have hooked you up!
Half on an e-baby! ROFLMBBBO! Imma try and get Snookums to do that for me cuz lawd knows I need one.
Maybe it's a good thing nobody brought a camera!
LOL@getting a FB acct so my mom doesn't out do you! You a trip!
Me wanna 3 day work week! Gimme!
My mind can't wrap around Nikki being gone. It's going to take a second to fully swallow like any other passing....*sigh*
Half on an e-baby? Damn you! I want to send you to the suite but I can't. *pouts* Any woman down with e-babies can't be bad. I think I may have to put you on my list.
Again, sushi? Ewwww! So would you say the experience was good or not so good since you had to go somewhere else to put some "real" food in your tummy?
You can't be on True Blood without at least showing your breasts. You know that right?
My mom always tries to get me a cake for my birthday but unless I'm just craving cake I may eat 1 or 2 slices and then I'm done. I need more leeches to get some cake so I don't throw out 3/4 of a cake a couple of weeks later. LOL.
My limit at the casino is usually about $20-$30 so I'm not mad at you. Maybe one day I'll raise it to $50 if I finally decide to try a couple of hands of blackjack.
Awww thanks saved by the brew! I appreciate the thought. :)
Ladynay, not that I saw. Then again, I tend to have selective reading so ummmm yeah..... And who do you know does the cupcake thing? Leave a comment or email with the name(s)
*sticks tongue out at Freaky* Ah ha ha ha haaaa, you can't stick me in the suite!! *snickers*
The experience was good I think it will just take me finding which type of sushi best suits my palate. The one I did like was a smoked salmon roll that had cream cheese and avocado in it. Not a big fan of avocado but the taste made up for it.
I would say you're lying to me about TB but I do see at least one set of boobies/episode. lol
Darius and 2nd68 have a sweets hustle. From what I read today, a blogger called LadyLee has a sweet hustle too but I don't read her to know if cupcakes are a part of that.
Happy Belated Birthday!
Oh, I love sushi! I want some right now, but I'm trying to refrain from going out to eat.
uhm, how about my 69 year old great aunt has a FB account! when i saw a friend request from her, i damn near fell out of my chair!
chicken alfredo and pico? i'd never have thought of putting those two together...
Happy belated birthday!
Glad you enjoyed you time out and about.
Whoo hoo @ ebaby :)
Me no likey sushi :(
I feel like I'm missing the boat on this trueblood thing. I don't have premium channels so...
Thanks BlkButterfly!
Our family elders are doing ain't they?! lol
The combination of the two is really quite delicious. Tomato's are usually added to pasta dishes when I dine out so I figured why not try it with pico and get an extra zest.
Thanks Patrice!
I just got into it about halfway through this season. I now wish I had started watching it before. I'm sure you can catch it online like on hulu or maybe even the HBO website. Hell that's probably what we need to do to cut back on this cable bill. lol
I haven't eaten at Big Whiskey yet. Sometimes I forget all about the restaurants in the River Market.
My uncle sent me a FB friend request. I had to put him on a limited basis. He doesn't need to see what I'm posting.
I take $50 to the casino. After that $50 is gone, I'm ready to go.
Darius and 2nd69 sell cupcakes. Ladylee doesn't.
Happy Belated! I guess the gifts don't stop...check my blog :)
Thanks Nerd Girl!! I left you a comment but I'm sure you've seen it by now. :)
You can not let your momma out do you...get an FB account and then friend me!
Post a Comment