I didn't set a timer...just watching the clock in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Today is the last day of my five day weekend. I've had a good and relaxing time. I took in a movie (Bridesmaids) today. The chick that played Dougie's sister totally stole the show. She's hilarious. I recommend going to check it out. It's a good chick flick that's not too "chickie" if that makes any sense at all.
I went to Memphis Friday after a visit to the car repair place. I'd been experiencing some vibration\shaking in the steering wheel when braking. Before driving up, I called and spoke with one of the tech's. He asked me of the steering wheel was shaking OR vibrating. Ummmm, dude isn't taht the same thing?
Sidenote-the typo is killin me. There goes another one. Shinickers!
After that I had lunch with friends and made my first visit to the contai.ner sto.re. Yes, my first ever. I purchased a fuzz ball shaver thing. I don't know the exact name for it but it's a contraption that gets rid of the ball thingamajigs that form on your shirts\sweaters. I haven't tried it yet but I've got quite a few sweaters that need it desperately. The underarm and side boob area are always the worst for me.
Memphis was Memphis. Boring as hell but nice to visit with the family. The kids, who are usually bum rushed out of town by my sister as soon as school is out to their dad's, were in town because of activities they have going on.
I made it there only to discover that the car repair folks had fixed my issue but created another. The brakes were pop, lock and droppin' when I slowed down or turn the steering wheel to the right. WTH? I called the next day and let them know. I went back today to have them take a look. All is now well in the world and with my steering\braking contraptions.
Crap, I'm over by like 3 minutes. I guess that's what I get for not using a timer. Oh well.........
This was my 5 8 minute Stream of Consciousness Tuesday post. I got this from Nerd Girl, who got it from Babs, who got it from Rose’s Daughter, who probably got it from someone else. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post. (I don't have a badge...sowwies)
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.



8 comments:
I've seen this going around the blogs. Since most of my posts are basically stream of consciousness anyway... I don't time myself though. Every time I try to I just end up with a blank screen. :o( Um, for every minute you're over you have to give me a dollar. It's in the rules. The one you didn't post. :o)
So what was wrong with your car? Bad brakes?
I think they're called lint shavers among other things. I used to have one. In fact I could use one for my comforter. Can I borrow yours?
Memphis is boring? What about Nashville? It's one of the places I'm considering moving too.
You always want some money. I'm going to start collecting pennies for you to roll. LOL
No, the brakes were fine.....needed an alignment, rotors turned, blah, blah, blah. They did it the first time but something wasn't done quite right.
Yes, lint shavers!
Memphis is boring to me but not to a lot of other people. Many folks I know are fascinated by it. It's "grandeur" is lost on me. I like Nashville but only get there like once a year.
That fuzz sweater thingy is the BOMB!! But be careful when you're de-fuzzing it will put a tiny hole in your clothes!
I wondered about that GP. Thanks for the heads up.
I didn't know there was an apparatus to remove pills from sweaters. I always grab the sweater, cozy up in the sofa, turn on a good movie, and get to picking pills off. It's kind of theraputic to do it by hand. But I guess I could at least look into this device.
LOL! I edited my typos. I just couldn't. I tried, I really, really tried!
I've been meaning to buy a lint shaver. For years.
I've never been inside the Container Store. I need to make a trip there because I need that fuzz ball shaver thing.
Shaking is an extreme form of vibration. Vibration is akin to trembling.
Post a Comment