There’s quite a bit going on this weekend in Central Arkansas. We have the start of the state fair today, the Susan G. Komen race for the cure tomorrow morning, and my college alma maters homecoming is tomorrow as well. Out of those 3 events, I will be doing 1 ½. What’s the half you say? I honestly had no plans of participating in any of the homecoming festivities. I remember SouthernGal asked me a few weeks back was I going to homecoming and my reply was “what’s that?”. Lol The entire time I attended there I went to maybe two football games and hell even that may be a stretch. I know for sure I went to at least one. My preference was to take a nap during the games so that I would be ready for the after parties. I told ya’ll I didn’t like sports. Lol FYI….Southern and I attended the same college and don’t know each other (although every time I see her face on her blog all I can think is that she looks REALLY familiar). We had the same major and everything so I am pretty willing to bet we took some classes together or at least passed each other in the halls of the BBA building quite often. :-)
Anyway…..my friends have been calling and asking me if I’m attending any of the functions. Of course, I’ve told them no but they are encouraging me to participate (after they had to remind me that homecoming was this weekend…I’m a mess). I told them if they can figure out a good reason to lure me out of the comforts of my home then I may reconsider. I was also invited to a house party Saturday night, so who knows. SouthernGal if I am persuaded enough, you may just see some strange chick with a short hair do come tap you on your shoulder hollerin out SOUTHERN!! Lol Just kidding, I’m not that crazy…well yeah I kinda am. Never mind.
Random thought: I cut my hair! I don’t think I mentioned it but I got it whacked off about 3 weeks ago. I got tired of the ponytail I was rocking everyday thanks to the summer heat. I initially wanted it cut like Tabitha on that Salon Makeover show on Bravo (LOVE that show by the way) but changed my mind and now it’s cut like V.Beckham’s hair. Not the cropped style she has now but the angled cut prior to that. Anyway, it’s cute on me and I love it. I think I shall keep it shorter for awhile because honestly these types of cuts have always flattered my face more.
Moving on, I won’t be doing the race for the cure. I haven’t even purchased a t-shirt yet! I’m so off track this year. I’m just not in the mood to walk through the streets of Downtown Little Rock/North Little Rock with 45,999 other women and children. I told my friend that if I go this year the best I could do was cheer from the sidelines and get all the free stuff they give out (because I usually miss out on most of it because I walk). She says she understands because she’s not going either. Lol Oh well, there’s always next year. I’ve participated for the past 7 years though so I guess me taking off one won’t hurt. I’m still going to run out today to the store they’ve set up (if time permits) to see if they have any shirts left. It’s the least I can do.
So that only leaves one thing for sure that I will be doing….THE FAIR. I know…I’m so country. Lol I’ve been feenin for a corn dog for awhile. I know some people will be like but they sell them at the grocery store. You know as well as I do that there is nothing like the taste of one @ the fair….nothing. I also want a turkey leg but not to eat by itself. I usually get a couple of them so I have one to make greens with now and one to make greens with later. I only cook them a couple times a year so it works out great. Speakin of I need to check with the local grocery store to see if they are doing that token thing again where you pay like fifty cents or a dollar to get in on the first day. If not, I may not be going to the fair either. Lol
Have a great weekend!



7 comments:
The BBA Building...haven't heard that name in yrs. I lived in that building my last couple of years. I hated walking to the student center from BBA bc it was so far.
I only attended 3 football games while in school. You know bball was the season "we" went to games. I'm definitely attending the alumni party Sat night at The Hilton. I might attend the Black on Black party tonight. If you see me come over and yell Southern. Lol It would be cool to meet you.
Harvest Foods are selling the 50 cent tokens for tonight only for the fair. I can't wait to get some fried oreos, corn dog, chicken nachos, fried corn, a gaucho, and fresh squeeze lemonade. And that's not all. Yeah I go just to eat.
Sounds like a fun weekend. I always love the fair, but you know...I've never had a corn dog. For some reason I can't get past the whole breaded meat thing. Everyone tells me that they're the business, but I just can't.
I usually do the walk for the cure also, but I think I'll be volunteering to work the race next year rather than walk. I can't really deal with all those people walking all close to me...I need my space dammit! But I still want to participate for the cause.
Hey Southern! Alright, if I show up don't say I didn't warn you. lol
Hey Tasha, it does sound like a fun weekend. I will be able to only report about one event for sure though. lol I need to remember to take pics of the fuckery I see at the fair. lol
You already know to send any pics of half nekkid chicks to me, right? I figured of the three that the fair would be the most likely choice. Have fun, and wear some eating pants. LOL!
AR Gal + Southern Gal = Arkansas goodness! ;o)
Have a great weekend, make sure someone is there to roll you back to the car. LOL
I LOVE THE FAIR! We have a big one in town out in Gwinette I think but I won't be going. My hubby constantly thinks someone wants to hang him when we travel in the grand state of GA, lol
My HS homecoming is next weekend and then the child's first HS homecoming is the following weekend. I'm soo excited!
Have a good weekend!
I did a walk for mental illness today and will do one for diabetes next month. The cancer one has come and gone here. I've never done that one yet.
I wanna see this hair cut lady!
The fair starts this week! YESSSSS! I never made greens from a fair turkey leg....hmmmmmmm
An old cowoker of mine used to call fair food dirty food. She'd say that she can't get her food dirty like the fair can, so it tastes different! ROFL!
Freaky I tried to get some pics for you but they weren't of half nekkid chickadees. Noone out their fit the bill. lol I did try taking some pics of the stuff the youngins were wearing but my camera phone was too slow. :-( Arkansas goodness!! Awwwwwwwww...thanks!!
Thanks Pamalicious!
CTFU @ dirty food Ladynay. I guess when you think about it she's probably right though.....which is why I try not to think about it. lol
Turkey legs cooked with greens is Delish!!
Post a Comment