....or does it? That's what I told my friend after hearing her last drama filled story about her boyfriend. In my previous post (The Weekend Squared), I mentioned that my BFF's little sister was staying with her. The reason why....her man is in the slammer. After a near death experience, he decided to tempt fate, uh-gane (ie again).
I guess I should start from the beginning for this to make any sense. They met a couple of years ago while she was moving from her apartment into her new house. She and her roomate at the time needed some help with the couch. Low and behold her knight in rusty armor just happened to be outside and gave them a helping hand. The rest is history because all I know is that I got a call saying that he had moved in. Hey, no biggie to me! I shack up as well so whatever but I cannot lie and say that I didn't have any concern since she hadn't known him that long....like two or three months. She's a grown-up so I didn't chastize her especially since I ain't her mama.
I went to Nashville that fall (2006) for TSU's homecoming and got a chance to meet him. He was nice, respectful, and cool as a fan. All in all I say he was on his best behavior while the girls were in town. lol A few months later after my visit I get another call.....she's pregnant. Oh vey!! She says it wasn't intentional, it just happened. I CTFU! I'm sorry but I thought that excuse was reserved for teens only. lol After we laugh, I congratulate her. She tells me she's scared and considered terminating the pregnancy but made the choice to keep it. I support her decision, of course, but I stil can't believe it. She never knew but I was in shock or at least I didn't think she did. I tried to cover my surprise by just doing what I normally do when I don't know how to deal....crack jokes and try and make everyone laugh.
Spring foward to late winter/early spring 2007. Her bf has a wreck....a really bad one. Almost took his life. They had gotten into an argument and he left the house to cool off. I can totally relate because that's what I do when Z and I get into a heated argument (read screaming match). The only difference? He likes to sip on sizzurp while he drives. Yeah you read that right...the negro decided it would be a good idea to drink and drive. *sigh* He ends up totalling his car, had to walk around with one of those halo thingamajigs on, and was out of work for couple of months until he healed. I saw pics of the wreck when I went to visit her a few weeks back. All I can say is I hoped he thanked whatever God he worships because he really is lucky to still be alive.
Summer of '07 my BFF has their little boy. He's a cutie pie too! Everything seems to be going well with them. Her bf is made a full recovery and is back at work, the baby is doing well, as is she and then.....more trouble. She had been on my mind heavily for a few weeks prior so I decided to call. We cover the basics and the gossip, then I ask about her about the baby and her bf and she says giiiiiiiiiirrrrlll, he's in ....... I ask her to repeat herself because I didn't think I heard her correctly.
Me: He's in what?
BFF: Girl, he's in jail.
Me: WTF??? Stop lyin!
BFF: *chuckles* I wish I was.
Me: WHAT? WHEN? And more importantly whyyyyyyy?
She goes on to tell me that while she was out of town for the weekend, he took a joyride in her car with their baby, decided to grab some more of that sizzurp, have a few too many sips of the sizzupr and got pulled over by 5-0. Instead of him actually pulling over, he leads the po-po on a wild goose chase, wrecks her car , and starts running with the baby until they are able to stop him. Nope, your not reading a Lifetime Movie storyline folks, this is true life....... unscripted. Luckily she was coming back into town when she got the call from the officers so she could go get the baby (who was fine...thank goodness).
Fast forward to now. Her sister moved in with her, pretty much immediately after that happened, to help her out. During my visit, I talked with her sister about how my BFF was coping because she just didn't seem to be 100%. She said that overall she's okay but it's just been hard for both of them because she was so used to her bf doing everything....cooking, cleaning, taking care of the kid while she just went to work. So she's actually getting to see what it's like to take care of a household (she's not the cleanest person I know, lol) and raise a kid. Her little sister said it's hard for her because it seems as though my BFF wants her to fill the bf's shoes while he is gone. That, IMO, is not fair. It sucks for my friend because I know she had no expectations of having to be a single parent at anytime during her relationship with this guy. It sucks for her sister too because I know she wasn't expecting to be the baby daddy of the household.
The bf gets out at the beginning of next year. I asked my friend if she planned on letting him come back into the house once he's released. She says she doesn't know but I know her too well. Her mannerisms and tone of voice translated to yes. As far as what her sister will be doing after that...I have no idea. If I were her, I would be stackin my $$ as much as possible to move out and get a place of my own. I wish them all the best and hope that he can turn his life around and put that damn bottle down....at least while he is behind the wheel. All of that drama has made me so thankful my life is full of peace, serenity, and birth control pills. lol
Hope your having a great weekend!



7 comments:
I choked on my saliva reading "knight in rusty armor". Lol. Girl you silly.
I don't know what to say about BFF. It will take only one trip to jail to break my man and I up. I can't believe she will take him back after putting her child in danger.
Glad I don't do drama.
I'm as crazy as they come. I wish I had the crazy check to prove it. lol
I don't know what to say either. My thing is she's grown so and can make her own decisions. Whatever she decides she's still my friend but ummm he wouldn't be coming back to my house either. lol
LOL @ knight in rusty armor!! But ummm, I don't know what would possess her to be like 'I don't know if I'm gonna let him back'. Pleeease, if I were in her shoes once he heard the iron bars lock shut that'd be it for us. Especially since her baby was with him. *sigh*. I hope things work out for her.
I understand her being grown and all but what about the baby? He drinks and drive. Strike 1. He drinks and drive with their baby. Strike 2. He drinks and drives with their baby, gets into a car chase trying to flee the police, and then gets into a foot chase with them with the baby. Strikes 3, 4, 5, game over. You can only tempt fate so many times.
Besides dudes who go to jail multiple times have a tendency to like it. I'm just saying.
Tasha..me too.
Freaky, ITA! What about the kid?! He can be the best daddy in the world but if he is making irresponsible decisions then all that is null and void.
Daaaaaaaaamn! Girl, that some stuff right there! I was reading that like I was reading one of my favorite novels. LOL Nice flow! Dude would not be coming back to my crib, and if he didn't show he could be responsible for my child's well being when he gets out, he wouldn't be around my kid either.
Honey, my girl is literally dangerously in love. Maybe that should have been the title of the post. lol Thanks for the compliment!
Post a Comment