Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Weekend Squared

FYI....I think this may be the longest post I've ever had so read at your own risk. lol

I think I’m down from my natural high of Obama-Biden win last week so it’s probably safe to post. Lol I’ll do a recap of the past two weekends since I didn’t mention anything about my trip to Nashville (aka, Nashlanta, Nashvegas, Alantaville……*sigh*) These are just a FEW of the ways the locals describe that place. Lol More on my adventures there in a hot minute.

This past weekend was most uneventful BUT our house is mighty clean! I vacuumed, swept, mopped, scrubbed cabinets, dusted, cleaned ceiling fans, washed clothes, sheets, rugs, dogs, my hair. I think I may have even tried to wash Z’s hair! To say I got carried away is an understatement but I had to because while Z made a valiant effort at cleaning up while I was out of town the weekend prior…...his clean just ain’t my type of clean. He does just enough so it doesn’t look sloppy. Lol He recently bought a steam cleaner, ya know like the kind you can rent at the grocery store so he was ready to clean some carpet. He wants to do it once/month since we have two pets and all. I argued that was a bit extreme but hey I’m not the one doing the actual labor so whatever.

The weekend in Nashville was fun as always. I love seeing my BFF and her college buddies (who I now consider my friends as well). I left home at around 2:30 or 3 that morning so I could arrive early, not have to deal with a lot of traffic, and speed so it wouldn’t take as long. My only concern was having to deal with creatures of the Bambi variety. I would add the link from that post about my previous Disney adventure but I don’t remember when I did it so oh well. Feel free to browse the archives though. I saw a good handful of deer between Little Rock and Memphis. I just talked to them to make sure they stayed in their lane so I could stay in mine……at least until I passed them. Lol

Once I arrived we hung out for a bit and then took off to go to the pep rally. Nothing special about that but I did see some gay dudes JSetting (Jett Setting) and some trannies. I have video and pics but my cam is at home so I’ll upload later. To say it is entertaining is an understatement. We took the kids out trick or treating at the mall later that night since it was Halloween. My BFF has a 1 year old and her sister (who is now staying with her…more on that later in another post) has an 8 year old. It was boring as hell but the highlight was this lady dressed up as a Krispy Kreme employee. Her name….Kristy Crème. LMAO!! She was decked out with a KK hat, an apron, a too short dress, a white jacket to cover up the ass that showed because her dress was too short, white tights, and skripper shoes!. I tricked her into taking a pic with my friends nephew (the 8 year old) so that I could capture all her on film. I‘ll upload that too once I figure out how to block his face out.

Saturday included the parade, tailgating, and partying that night of course. Prior to us going out that evening my BFF and her sister got into it. This is nothing new to me. My BFF, her twin brother, and her sister always argue….ALWAYS! And it’s ALWAYS about the dumbest shit known to man. I’ve known them since I was 9 years old so I just shut up, listen, laugh, and wait it out. Well that evening, her sister was cooking something (I can’t remember what exactly) and my BFF made a comment about how she felt it should be done. Next thing I know her sister is going off, my friend is going off, and I head upstairs to curl my hair. Lol One of the college buddies eventually comes upstairs to where I was at and whispers, “Have they always been like this?”. I just nod my head and laugh. I told her best bet was to just stay out of the way because they would be done in about 20 minutes or so and sure enough I was right. Well it turns out little sister was REALLY po’d because she straight up left the house. LMAO! So I keep getting ready and the others do as well. About 30 minutes pass and I ask my BFF had she called her sister. She says yeah but she’s not answering the phone. Then she starts going off on a tangent about how she knew she would try and ruin this weekend for her blah blah blah. I just looked, shook my head, laughed, and told her both of them were acting like kids. Well lil sis eventually comes back and as soon as she walks through the door my BFF is all over her like white on rice. “Where did you go? ….Why didn’t you answer your phone?.....blah blah blah” I kindly (not really) told her just to shut up and let her cool off because the last thing you need right now is for your babysitter to remain po’d and leave again because we (pointing to the others) don’t need a babysitter and are going out with or without you. LMAO!

We finally get ready, give each other the girlfriend “you look good!” stamp of approval and are ready to leave out the door. My BFF takes the baby, let me remind you that he is ONE, over to her nephew (who is EIGHT) and sits the baby on his lap and says perky as hell, “I’m ready!”. *blink blink blink*

Me: Are you going to go upstairs and tell your sister we are leaving so she knows the kids are down here by themselves?
BFF: She’s not even talking to me, what am I supposed to say?
Me: Are you for real?
BFF: silence
Me:*pushing her in the bedroom so the kids don’t hear me cuss her out* Seriously, both of ya’ll are way too old for this shit. She’s not talking to you? What are you supposed to say? That boy is eight years old…your baby is ONE use some common sense.Take your black ass upstairs and tell your sister, who is gracious enough to watch your child, that we are leaving.
BFF: But…..
Me: Put on your big girl panties and grow the fuck up….for real.

So she does and we leave. After we all got in her ass in the car, we did surprisingly have a very nice time that night and a remainder of the weekend. Sunday was a relax day and Monday I left. All in all a fun time was had even if I did almost have to choke a beesh.



Friends….gotta love ‘em.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you come over and clean up here? Please? I'll be your best friend. :oD

Come on and hook me up with that Kristy Creme picture. Her outfit sounds delightful. Hopefully, she's hot. Too short dress? Check. White tights? Check. Stripper shoes? Oh yeah, check. Jacket to cover up the overflow of ass from too short dress? Me no likey! Let it all hang out.

Wow @ the arguing. They would've given me a headache and ruined my night unless they wore something really short, tight, and shiny and allowed me to take plenty of pics. What?! That's what friends are for.

AR Gal said...

"Can you come over and clean up here? Please? I'll be your best friend. :oD"

I can do it, but I'd have to charge. lol

I will try and post Ms. Kristy Kreme's pic within the next few days.

Anonymous said...

Do we know the same people? LOL I swear your BFF and her sister sound like my two cousins (they are sisters). They argue about every stupid thing. They wouldn't be able to live together. They would kill each other.

Good to hear no deer jump out in front of you. That's one reason I don't like driving out of town at night during this season.

AR Gal said...

@Southern, if they are from B-ville then we are definitely talking about the same folks. lol I'm surprised they haven't killed it other yet.

Anonymous said...

That doesn't sound very friendly at all. *pouts*

Please do. Otherwise I'll be forced to pester you several times a day. LOL

Giving you what I got....musically