Wednesday, November 05, 2008

YES WE DID!!!


I am so full of joy and pride right now…..truth be told I’m OVERJOYED!!! I sat on the phone with some of my friends watching the results come in and we discussed the what if’s (i.e. the ReThug’s steal it again) then……then……this happened.

(The crowd in Grant Park, at 10:00 when the election was called for Obama)




We all hollered, screamed, and cried. I don’t think I’ve said OMG so much in my life at one time. Z was SO excited and happy! We laughed (I cried so more) and hugged just enjoying the moment. I jumped off the phone with my friends and called my mom. Ya’ll….*smdh* she and her friend were WAY more crunk. Lol She was visiting her friend in my hometown and told me people were shooting their guns outside. All I heard, was “Yeah keep on shootin ‘em, aaaaaallll night!!!”. I was DONE. LMAO!!I called my sisters and of course their kids were excited. It means a lot to them too, but now they know that something that once was considered impossible to do is a possibility for them. For that alone, I am grateful.

With that being said…enough with all the mushy stuff.

LET’S CELEBRATE!!!!



3 comments:

Tasha said...

Absolutely amazing. I was shocked to see all of the crowds worldwide gathered to watch history being made. Yes we did!!

Anonymous said...

I'm just overcome with joy. This is a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

I love all things Obama!

Giving you what I got....musically