Saturday, December 27, 2008

Back to life.....

....back to reality.

Christmas has passed as quickly as it came which seems to be the norm in my adult life. Overall this years holiday season for me has truly been boring. I never quite got into the mood even after going to look at Christmas lights, drinking Nestle's hot chocolate or watching "A Christmas Story" thrice (I did laugh my butt off watching the movie though). There's always next year I suppose.

I did have some fun times watching my niece and nephew open their gifts and talk about their day so all Christmas hope was not lost for me. :-) We ventured over to my aunts house that afternoon to visit with the extremely extended family. There I got to visit with all my older and younger cousins, one of which I didn't know existed until I walked through the door. My mom swears she told me that one of the my younger kin had a baby. She probably did. I'm known to tune out of conversations after about 5 minutes so ummmmmmmmmm yeah......

Anyway, we stayed for a few hours which allowed me to get my yearly update. Yes you read that right yearly...I don't fool with those folks that often. Everyone is still doing about the same but I was privy to a few tidbits of information. One of my other younger cousins (he's my fav out of the bunch) who is gay informed me that he had been living with his boyfriend for about a year. So we sat and talked about relationships and he gave me the inside scoop on what was really going on with everyone. lol After visiting with him, I joined the "old folk" in the kitchen and came upon one of the dumbest and humorous conversations I had heard in a long time. One of my older cousins, who was doing most of the talking, was talking about computers, the internet, and the like. Her sister had just criticized her, i.e. called her out, telling her she wasn't as computer savvy as she thought she was.

Sister: You don't know how to do anything on the computer except for how to turn it on and play games.
Older cousin: (Really loud) Un uhhhh, un uhhhhhh, You know good and well I know how to check my emails. I may not be able to send them but I know how to read them
I proceeded to put my head down to stifle my giggling and conceal the tears that were beginning to fall from my eyes. Once they were done fussing about that, the older cousin then proceeds to tell everyone how men being gay began with incarcerated men in the 70's.











I excused myself from the table and went to join the menfolk in the other room to watch the NBA game after that. I could take no more. She is truly the dumbest 59 year old I know.....no seriously she is.

Anyway, we left a little while after that. My mom and I passed out once we got to the house and went shopping a little the next day. My sis took the kids to their dad's in AR and that's where they will be until it's time for them to go back to school. My other sister wasn't able to travel down due to the weather but she says she may come down next week with the my other two nephews. We'll see.

Ahhh well, that's about it for me. I'm back at home...thank goodness! I hope your Christmas was more exciting and way more spirited than ours. Z just popped in the Dark Knight movie that we are soooooooo late on watching and I just realized that I want a BBQ sandwich. UGH!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about asking you if you finally saw the Dark Knight yet. I'm saddened and disturbed that it's taken you this long. :o( Bad AR Gal!

Now you know you could've helped teach your cousin how to send out an e-mail. Then you could teach her how to blog.

So historians were wrong about the Nazis killing gays since that was before the 70's? I usually walk away from those conversations or just laugh to myself. You did the right thing.

That picture is kind of scary.

AR Gal said...

I know, I know....Bad AR Gal! lol Hey at least we finally did watch it. I need to view it again because I got caught up giving myself a pedi and mani and wasn't really focused. Shut it! lol

I can't teach know it alls anything.

Ummmm, yep according to her they were alllll wrong. *sigh*

You know you think the chick in the pic is cute. lol

Ladynay said...

Gotta love family, no matter how extended! LOL

Why most of us who went somewhere was happy to be back home?

Just now watching DK? Tsk tsk tsk!

AR Gal said...

Girl they are truly extended to the fullest! lol

'Cause we are all grown with our own places now.

I knoooow! I'm such a bad girl. :(

Giving you what I got....musically