I am still a little tired from our time there but I had a lot of fun. The trip got off to an eventful start (Mistah would beg to differ I'm sure). After dropping the pups off at the kennel, I proceeded to drop his laptop on the ground after going through security.
If only he had remembered to take eh.ver.ree.ting out of his pockets like I told him instead of forgetting his wallet (which had some kind of magnet thingamajig in it) making him have to go through a separate screening it never would have happened. *exhales* As you can imagine, I was quite flustered having to corral all my crap and his crap together. Thanks to my flustererdness (shut up), I showed bad judgment by removing said laptop from the little gray bin and placing it on top of my suitcase while it was still on top of the roller things. Roller things moved and splat went the laptop. Oh and to the onlookers.....the loud gasps really didn't help.
To their credit, the TSA folks did make an attempt at trying to catch it before it hit the ground. There was a bit of physical damage but after I popped a couple of things back into place the only noticeable things are a couple of tiny weenie itsy-bitsy cracks. :D
GO ME
After making it the gate, we were informed that our flight would be delayed by an hour. This, of course, made us late to our connecting flight by a whopping 19 minutes which delayed our arrival into CA by two hours. FABOOSH!
As an aside, damn you SW Airlines! Ya'll know you could have held that f'in plane for us.......shit.
At any rate, we had a good time taking in the sites, visiting with Mistah's kin and made it there (and back) safe and sound. That's all that really matters.......oh and that I'm ready to go back for a visit.....or to live. :)
And now for a musical selection



10 comments:
You dropped his computer? So did he get loud or quiet? I bet those gasps hurt like hell. I hate those gray bins and being rushed through the line. So when are you buying Mistah a new laptop?
Being able to wear a coat sounds nice. If only it didn't cost $500,000 to get a 800 square feet house. LOL. Ok, it's not that bad everywhere but they really do put a premium on the view and the area.
Booooo SW Airlines!
Mmm Katy Perry can get it. LOL @ the gummy bears.
Hmmmmm, he wasn't really loud or quiet. He was somewhere at a non-happy medium. LOL Funny you should ask. That's the same question my mom posed to me after I told her I dropped it. It still works, there is just a little physical damage remaining. I'm sure if something starts to go wrong the blame will instantly be placed on me and I will have to replace it though. Here's hoping that doesn't happen. *knocks on something close to wood*
The cost of living is ridiculously high in a lot of areas.
If nothing else, I knew you would enjoy the visuals in the video.
Welcome back!!!
I know when you stepped foot back in AR, you wanted to turn back around. It's hot as hell! It's only June and we have reach 100 degrees
That is exactly what I said! This weather has got to be a joke!
Nice to hear that you guys had a good trip. I love the weather out there! Couldn't imagine living there full time, but it's amazing to visit.
LOL @ "after I popped a couple of things back into place". Let me find out Mistah will be on the receiving end of a new laptop in the future.
Don't be jinxing me!
Glad you enjoyed my state! Come back anytime!!! So glad Mistah is good natured and that there was minimal damage mine would still be talking about it, an expect a new one!
He's probably still cussin' me in his head. lol
the weather was my favorite part about living in California. everything else? eh... not so impressed. anyway, glad to hear you had such a great get-away.
my sister dropped an iron on my last laptop and left a huge dent in it. let's just say i didn't respond as favorably as Mistah. :-/ on the plus side, it worked just fine.
An iron? Wowsah!
Yeah Mistah's temperament is a little different than mine when it comes to stuff like that. He tends to internalize it more and then get over it. Me? I would have still been going off! LOL
Post a Comment