I swear Monday's are becoming my worst enemy. I wake up this morning to find that my car's battery breathed its last breath and will not start. I get a jump and off to the car part store we go to get a replacement battery. The guy at the store puts the battery in and offers to test the alternator to make sure it's in good shape. Since it's a free service I figure why not. Once he completes his test he informs my boyfriend and I that, of course, I have a bad alternator.....yeah like I didn't see that one coming. He then proceeds to tell us to take the car to someone else to get a second opinion just in case his equipment is bad. Ummmmm, okay why in the hell are ya'll using possible default equipment????? Whatever....I'll deal with it later because I am just not in the mood right now.
After we get back in the car, I turn on the radio and quickly realize (ie remember) that I need a code to re-activate it. No biggie, it's in the glove compartment right.....WRONG! The code that I received from the car dealer the last time I had my battery replaced WAS in the glove compartment on a sticky note on top of my owner's manual. I'm assuming Casper and his friends have been lurking in my car because of course I cannot find that little yellow sticky note anywhere in there. *insert growl here* After telling myself to remain calm, I realize that I can call the dealership and just have them give it to me over the phone like they did the last time........WRONG!!!! The dealer where I purchased my car from no longer sells Mitsubishi's and no longer has any records on previously purchased vehicles (WTF???) but I can try calling the other Mit. dealer across town to see if they can look it up by my VIN. Mmmmmmkay...... I call and had the pleasure of speaking with a delightful "witch" who abruptly informed me of all the tests they would have to do and it would cost $90 to do so. No thank you *click* Did I mention the dealer where I purchased my vehicle from is in Memphis and I'm about 2 1/2 hours away from there. I try calling back the original dealer and ask to speak with someone in parts and service just to see if I can get someone else who may be able to pull some strings. Well, the guy did try and look up my name in the computer to see if he could find anything but to no avail my record had been deleted since they no longer dealt with Mitsubishi's.
After sitting on my couch looking half-assed crazy for about a good 5 minutes I decide to call the dealer in Little Rock to see what they can do. Here's how that convo went down
Dealer: Good morning LR Mitsubishi
Me: Parts and service please
Dealer: Will that be parts or service?
Me: Huh
Dealer: Parts OR service ma'am
Me: Let's try service
Service Man: Service
Me: I just got my battery changed...blah blah blah.....I need a radio code....blah blah blah
Service Man: There's a serial # on top of your radio. Once you get that radio out and get that number I can get the code for you
Me: Silence
Service Man: Hello?
Me: Yes, I'm here. Since I have no clue how to do that how much will that be?
Service Man: $37.99 not including tax
Me: Okay thanks.
So I will be making a trip to LR sometime this week to get that resolved only if my boyfriend cannot accomplish the task of getting the radio out for me. Until then....I shall ride in silence with only my thoughts. *insert eye roll here*



5 comments:
Awww damn!!! I have an attitude along with you on this! I hope you will be getting your music on soon :-)
As someone who knows what it's like to ride in silence and NOT on purpose...I hope that gets resovled REAL soon!
@PaulaD, yeah I've still got an attitude about it but I have calmed down a bit since this morning so I feel a bit better.
@LadyNay..ME TOO! lol
Aren't they required to keep "old" files for a little while? That makes no sense that a new owner would take over and just dump anything.
Geez...that sucks.
Can you ask the people snooping in your car where that post it went?
Good luck with this one!
This would have TOTALLY ticked me off! TOTALLY!
Post a Comment