Thursday, July 12, 2007

Out and About

I made a quick stop at Wal-Mart today and was present to view some interesting scenery and hear some funny things. While standing in line at the customer service desk the following things occured:


Some high school/college kids standing in line. One guy had on a green and white stripped shirt with a large hole in the side and basketball shorts down low enough to see his draws. (yes I said draws) Why? That ish ain't cute.

I hear voices on the walkie talkie stating that a cat was in some pallets in the lawn and garden section outside and they couldn't get it to come out. The assistant manager proceeds to look up and call the number to animal protection services to come out and assist. **While leaving the store, I see APS leaving Wendy's and going away from the store* I bet their gonna be pissed that they have to drive back over there.

I see another group of high school/college kids. One of the young ladies had on sponge bob silk boxer shorts with dirty sponge bob houseshoes to match. Another had her purple do-rag on her head. I ask again....why? Keep that attire at the house folks.

The couple standing behind me had quite the entertaining conversation regarding a petro and the time spent in Wal-Mart.

Her: You spend way more on gas than I do for the truck
Him: No I don’t.
Her: Yes you do, you use the air conditioning and everything while you’re in there. I ride around with the air off and the windows down. If it were up to me we wouldn’t even have air in the truck. You're wasting gas.
Me: *tries not to crack up laughing*
Him: I still don’t use that much gas
Her: We have been in this store 3 hours….I wish they would hurry the hell up so we can go.
Me: *crickets*

A woman standing in line with her oh so cute little boy in the cart feeding him mini chocolate chip cookies. She keeps opening the little container to give him his treat. I found this a bit strange seeing as he already had a fist full of cookies in his other hand....go figure.

Now I see why my grandmother would like to sit and people watch. You really do see and hear some crazy stuff. lol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a people watcher. You see some strange stuff if you just sit back and observed.

Do people not understand HOUSEshoes are to be worn in the house.

The Detective said...

I would have been weak. I am not good. You can never talk about someone in the store to me because I always look at the wrong time...but then I would have looked back and laughed. LOL... I love it.

Wal-mart on the late night tip = comedy.

AR Gal said...

@southern...I don't understand either. I guess she just couldn't stand not matching.

@detective. I wish I could say this was a late night trip.....it was smack dab in the middle of the afternoon. lol

Giving you what I got....musically