
Z and I finally got our ish together and went to see "Hancock" yesterday afternoon. True to form, we got there with only minutes to spare. We had a game plan though. We were going to go inside and use the machine, which the theater just got a few months back, to get our tickets so we wouldn't have to wait in line. That would have worked out great had the thing not been broken. Soooooo, back outside we went to wait in the now even longer line. After waiting for about 30 seconds, I said let's just get tickets to a later show or just go home because we are not going to have good seats. After waiting for about 10 minutes to get up to the front of the window because these school age children were to dumb to realize they needed two people working the window and not one *eye roll* we got tickets. Z went ahead and bought them for the 4:30 show....*even bigger eye roll* We walk in and it's packed, I turn around to give him that "I told you so look" and he is gone. lol He's outside talking to the people at the window and they just tell him we can go ahead and go to the other theater it's showing in @ 5:15.
He turns around and tells me...see babe, we get to see it in comfortable seats and for the matinee price.
Me: "You sneaky mf'er, did you plan this?"
Him:" hee hee hee".
Me: " I can't stand you, lol"
Him (after he stops laughing): "Nope, didn't plan it but you gotta admit, it worked out nicely"
Me: "I suppose....sneaky mf'er, lol"
The movie was pretty good. I'd read the reviews of the "pros" and other bloggers so I knew what to expect. As predicted, it starts off funny and ends not exactly how I would have liked. I'm pretty sure by now everyone knows the gist of the storyline....a drunk superhero who tries to revamp his image. There are not a lot of twists and turns to make your jaw drop, everything was pretty predictable (to me anyway). Case in point, when Charlize Theron's character makes her first appearance, you know that she and "Hancock" have a history of some sort. It was written all over her face. At that point it's just a matter of when this fact will actually come to light and what exactly their connection is/was. Speaking of Charlize, Z had me dyin' laughing in the theater. I was laughing so hard I had to cover my mouth because I didn't want folks laughing at me like we laughed at the man in the theater last weekend when we went to see "Wanted".
Z: "Hey isn't that what's her face?"
Me: "I don't know anyone by that name"
Z: "You know....uhhh uhhh...."
Me: "Nope, still nothing"
Z: "No Kevin..... it wasn't the wine Kevin...."
Me: *hollers"
Z: *laughing*
Me: *trying to contain myself*"Yeah, that's her"
If you are not familar with that line, it's what Charlize Theron's character tells her husband in "The Devil's Advocate" when she is trying to convince him that the ladies she was just out shopping with turned into demons. Both of us happen to love that movie and love that line from the movie even more. It's a line that we use all the time around here when we are feeling goofy (which is a lot of the time). Yes, we are wierd. lol
Annnnnnnnywaaaaaayyy, I that's about all I say about the movie. I won't say you shouldn't go see it but I won't say that you should either. I dunno, use your own judgement (like you wouldn't anyway) on this one. FYI....if you do go catch it at the theater, be sure to stay seated after the credits start rolling for a minute as there will be a brief cameo by Mike Epps.
AR Gal rates this one: It could have been worse



4 comments:
I'm surprised you don't just go to Fandango and buy your tickets online...
D and I...well me...I don't do lines, lol. I have zero patience, especially for a dang overpriced movie.
http://www.fandango.com/
I honestly had never even heard of it. Thanks for the tip.
I honestly had never even heard of it. Thanks for the tip.
Black Mamba's right, fandango is the best. But I don't know if I want to go see it. I can't take too much more Will Smith as some type of action hero in a summer blockbuster.
Post a Comment